Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Little sister to Vincent - feedback on our list!!

Hi All,

Baby number 2 due very soon, we've decided to leave the gender as a surprise so I also have a thread on the boys names forum if you wanna check it out! My first son is named Vincent Nicholas, and we're looking for a girl's name to match! My husband and I are really struggling with the girl's names, we love cutesy and sweet girl's names, but we really want her to have a powerful and respectable name she can go anywhere with if you know what I mean? Some of our names sound gorgeous for a little girl but not necessarily a judge in the high court or prime minister. We tend to lean towards traditional but not too common but there really is a mix.

We like:

Maisie
    Daisy
    Lacey
    Sunny
    Lulu
    Lennie
    Eleanor
    Eloise
    Elsie
    Evangeline (nn Evie)
    Vivienne
    Adele
    Violet (too similar to Vincent?)
    Hero
    Scout

Please share your opinions and give me some feedback on your favourite names, yes's and no's, likes and dislikes, similar suggestions to our style and advice!

Thank you lovelies!!

You have a lot of names here that could be nicknames, and probably should be with big brother Vincent Nicholas. Maisie and Daisy are both quote cutesy and both nicknames for Margaret, so try Margo in this situation, I think. Lacey feels too modern. Lulu could be for Lucille, which I love with Vincent, or Louisa. Oops, forgot Sunny, which I like as a Susanna nickname! Lennie could come from Helena. Elsie is short for Elisabeth, but I also like her for Estelle or Estella or Eloise, already on your list! Hero is tough, but could come from Hermione. Scout is really tough, but could come from Scarlett!

Off your list, my favorite with Vincent hands down is Adele. I also like Adela. I think suggested Lucille is perfect, or Lucinda if you want a dressier name. Also like Margo...

And, yes, Violet is too close to Vincent for my taste.

Good luck! :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

I like Maisie, Hero, Lacey, Sunny, Adele... Could I ask you something? How would you feel if you're an adult and your name is Sunny? I like Sunny, but it's so child-ish and I would never name my daughter Sunny. Maybe you would like Sunniva? It means Sun's gift.
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

lemon - Thank you for your amazing ideas! I agree Vincent and Adele work really well together and Adele is good for a little girl or a grown woman. I definitely have a soft spot for Lulu but not crazy about Lucille or Louisa, do you think it could work as a nickname for Eloise maybe?

sorceress - I agree, Sunny would really have to be a nickname, a little to cutesy for a given name. Sunniva is a bit too unusual for me though. Thanks for your ideas!

Luella is another way to get to Lulu. And Eloise could for sure be Lulu too. I think Evangeline is the perfect match for Vincent. Both refined and have the V connection.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*