Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I feel Lila - (Lie-luh) is more exotic and femine where as Layla - (lay-luh) is more cozy and pretty. I have to say I couldn't choose one over the other. These were both on my list for baby #4. Went with Elodie instead. Good luck.
    ~Proud Mommy of~
    Silas Trace 9
    Charles Joseph 6
    Kirabelle Leigh 1
    Elodie Anna BRAND NEW

Lila - leela
    Lyla - liela.
    Ludwig Beowulf Percival Raphael Orpheus Sylvan Clement Gilbert Thorin Gaspar Amaury Godfrey Peregrine Arthur Wesley Edmund Caspar Roscoe Emil Leon Robin Oberon Darcy Tristan Magnus Lucius Orlando Maximilian Erik
    Ottilie Melody Cecily Rosamund Seraphina Sunniva Charlotte Melisende Sonnet Heloise Melusina Amoret Bridget Freya Cressida Celestine Nimue Novella Gwenllian Avalon Beatrice Bradamante Marigold Eliska Aurora Cvita Elysia Helena Astraea Dorothea Rosaline Emilia Saskia

I think there is a designer called Lela Rose? And that is pronounced LEE-luh. If the pronunciation is what you want most, I think that's the best spelling option.

Lila = lie luh (if you've seen the show Will and Grace, Grace uses that spelling and name on her daughter)
    Leila = Lay-luh

I think Lila is usually pronounced Lye-la, at least in North America. However Lila, pronounced Lee-la, is the German word for purple so you're right as well.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova