Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused: Lila/Leila

How do you pronounce Lila and Leila?
    What do you think the meaning of Lila is?

Lila used to be a fav of mine as was Leila. I pronounced Leila like Lay-luh and thought the meaning was "night"
    I pronounced Lila Lee-luh (though I can see it also as Li-luh) and thought it meant Lilac or purple. I'm finding conflicting info...

Thoughts on Lila pronounced Lee-luh?

Thanks!!!

I have only ever heard of it pronounced Lie-luh before. I think both names are pretty. I think If you're going for the Lee-la pronunciation she's probably going to have to correct a lot of people.

I pronounced Lila like lee-luh when I first saw it but I think it's actually pronounced like lie-luh Lila = lie-luh and Leila = lay-luh. I don't know the meaning of Lila but it's pretty!
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Lila - lie-la
    Leila - lay-la.

Both mean "night" to me. Lila sounds a bit more like the Hebrew pronunciation and Leila more like the Arabic pronunciation but I think of them as variants of the same name.

Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Lila lists Lila as a variant of Leila.

Lila - LIL-Uh
    Leila - LAY-Uh

My only point of reference for Lila is someone I know as a daughter called Livia whose NN is Lila (with that same pronunciation.)

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas