Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mark me down for Clara!

Quote Originally Posted by santamonica1115 View Post
    Thanks everyone! Was just thinking, all the letters in Clara are in Caroline...but is Clara too far fetched as a potential nn for Caroline??

It's basically Cara with an L. We don't usually like nn and prefer using the name at it's given but just wondered if you think Clara is cute nn or too much it's own name?
    Clara seems like a logical diminutive from Caroline, but nicknames don't have to make sense anyway. I have a traditional top 20 name, yet I've always been "Bug".

Clara for me!

~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles
    Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe

Previously ebonyeden

avatar is my 8th great grandmother.

All these names are beautiful, but I think Clara and Caroline goes best with your surname. Claire is also becoming really popular, which is a bit of a bummer as its my DD name.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbuglove View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the "Cl" name and the way they sound when they come out. For this reason, I really don't like Claire. I know Claire and Clara get a lot of of love on this forum but for me, Claire is just boring and doesn't sound pretty at all. Clara is a little nicer since it has a softer ending.

I would go with Caroline all the way!

^^this. Caroline!
    ~gigi~
    *gina danielle*

Quote Originally Posted by santamonica1115 View Post
    Thanks everyone! Was just thinking, all the letters in Clara are in Caroline...but is Clara too far fetched as a potential nn for Caroline??

It's basically Cara with an L. We don't usually like nn and prefer using the name at it's given but just wondered if you think Clara is cute nn or too much it's own name?
    We use a lot of nicknames, but I'm not a big fan of planning them. But I think it could work.
    My son has almost no nicknames at all, but my daughter Malia has been called many, many things, some of which are actual names; Mia, Mila, Miley, Mimi, Mo... I think you find out what works best for you after you have Baby... Which is how my daughter (now 4) prefers being called Baby or Mia, and is considering using her middle name Regan when she goes to school.
    And my name is Gina, but my mom has been calling me Mary for over a decade.
    ~gigi~
    *gina danielle*