Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I've only been a member for a couple weeks but it's given me something fun to do while nursing my daughter at 2 am or during naptime. I have fun playing around with names I wouldn't actually use in the name games section.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

Welcome to Nameberry! @feberin
    ~TTC Journey Will Begin Fall 2014~

I've been obsessed with names ever since I was a child. I'd pull my mom's baby naming books off the shelf and pore over them constantly, especially this one about baby name astrology (which thinking back was a really odd thing for my hyper-conservative Christian mother to have, haha). I started countless "stories" and "plays" for the sole purpose of having an excuse to come up with an exorbitantly long list of "main characters" on which I could bestow all of my ridiculous name crushes. That's not something I ever talked to people about before Nameberry, which is odd because I was really vocal about all my other interests.

So Nameberry has provided a lot of firsts for me:
    --the first time I ever truly opened up about my love of names
    --the first time I realized I actually have a specific naming style
    --the first time I ever actively participated in any sort of online forum...I didn't even do this for my wedding! I'm normally just a lurker
    --the first time I made an "online friend," as in someone I've never met in person that I feel genuinely close to

I feel like Nameberry is genuinely a community, especially compared to Yahoo Answers and even other naming sites. There are so many people here that I connect with intellectually and empathetically; even though we're from a wide range of backgrounds and locations, we all share at least one thing: a love of names. It's so fulfilling to provide assistance to each other and follow each others' name journeys. I also have to say how much I appreciate the fact that even though I'm not TTC yet, I still get such thoughtful and helpful feedback on all my lists and my threads!

To sum up: Nameberry is awesome (Pam and Linda may you live forever), and Berries are the bomb diggity
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

Wow, thanks everyone. You made my day....or should I say, life? Really such lovely sentiments and so generous of you to express them! Thank you.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Thank you!

Oh wow, sleepysessha--this really warms our hearts.