Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I agree with pps. It's too much of a stretch and there aren't any sounds that would suggest the nickname, even at a stretch. I think Serenity nn Wren works as a nice alternative.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I love both Wren and Serena! Honestly, if you love it, I think it could work. A couple years ago I tried to do Serena nn Wren, but I got lots and lots of comments about how it was a huge stretch. But if Evelyn (EV-eh-lin) can get Evie (EE-vee), then why can't Serena get Wren?
    The difference with Evelyn nn Evie is that Evelyn contains Eve and I think it might've originally been pronounced EVE-lynn??

Wren/Ren as a nickname for Serena is a bit of a stretch. The letters are there but the sound is off.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It's too much of a stretch for me, if she came up and said her name was "Wren" well I'd assume that's her name, full name, if she mentioned it's a nickname, my first guess would be Winifred.

Rena/Rina would be the nickname I'd pick for Serena.

I think it would be kind of hard to stick to it since it's not an obvious or common nickname for Serena.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables