Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

To use two middles or not to use two middles that is the question...

*I am not yet pregnant but we are TTC*
    I am in a debate on whether to use two middles or to use only one. We are only using two middles with our girl names. Our last name is 3 syllables so I am not sure if that will be a mouth full. Or annoying for when she has to fill out her full name.

Any suggestions?
    TTC Little Bub #1

Antonia, Theodora, Iris, Athena, Cassia, Hazel, Cosima, Aurora, Seraphine, Freya
    Caspar, Rafferty, Leander, Octavian, Leopold, Ignatius, Cyprian, Florian, Evander, Ronan

Hmmmmmm. Well, I use two middles. But surname is one syllable, so that helps. And forms in England are less uptight than the American ones, it seems. If you like two middles, go for it. It's a great way to use more names! It's romantic and fun and over the top and absolutely ridiculous. In a good way.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Speaking from secondhand experience...my little brother has 2 middles. One was his "secret middle" when he was younger because it is a long, rather "old-manish" family name that he does not really care for. At his confirmation, the priest said "we managed to get it all on there!" as he handed him his personalized certificate; the whole church laughed at this. He did not really care, but I was a bit bothered. Also, all the SAT forms as well as the myriad of other test forms you have to fill out in high school have a spot for only one middle initial, which could present a problem. As far as convenience, I would say double middles (at least in the US) are a little bit troublesome. However, like Ottilie said, double middles are very fun, especially for name nerds! They can help to improve flow and add a lot to the character of a name. In the end, you have to do what you think is best. Though I personally wouldn't do it, that doesn't mean it's not the right choice for some people!
    Lily

TeenBerry

Interest in family history, classic literature and mythology led to a love for names!

FAVORITES OF THE MOMENT:

Gentlemen: Jude, Oliver, Felix, Jasper

Ladies: Aurelia, Evangeline, Genevieve, Aurore, Beatrix, Adele

I have two middle names. It has never been a problem for me. On official documents where they ask for a middle initial I just put the first letter of my first middle name.

I may be bias but I love two middle names. I think it's fun!
    Some say I'm an angel... Others say I'm a star... But you can call me Princess!!!

Name lover who has a naming style that is Eccentric Aristocratic meets Guilty Pleasure!!!

👑 Pretty 👑

I am a big proponent of two MNs. When I actually have children, I probably will use two. I like that it gives me the opportunity to honor family, but still use a mn I "just like". Plus, I have a whole slew of other reasons to convince a future SO, but when it boils down to it, that's really it. I just like it.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter