Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I like the idea of options. Use Elizabeth, Beatrice, Lilibet, Elsabet- whatever, and call her Betty.
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold/Ottilie Amina*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

An acquaintance of mine had a baby girl a few months back; first name Betty (after the family matriarch), middle is another family name, one syllable, let's just use Don here, haha. She's calling her by both, Betty Don, and when I first heard the name, my immediate reaction was, omg, that kid is so COOL. Lol.

While I think Betty is adorable, I would also go with the longer Elizabeth and call her Betty. I had a conversation on this topic with a friend named Connie the other day, actually. She said she wishes her parents had named her the more formal Constance and just called her Connie so she could use the longer name on resumes. However,she certainly doesn't hate her parents, just wishes that they had given her more options.

I do love Betty, but it works better as a nickname for me, as it doesn't seem very formal.

Elizabeth (or some other longer form) works better as a given name, i.e. comes across more professional.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore. Identical twin.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

If the baby I'm having in October is a girl, she will be called Betty. We'll probably go with Bethany on the BC since it's the only one DH and I can agree on, but I love the full names Bernadette and Beatrice for Betty too.