Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: He came early!

Hybrid View

He came early!

Our new little boy is here!!

He was born just before dawn yesterday, the 15th. He arrived a month early but is healthy and weighed 8lbs, 4oz! He has a shock of red hair! Not surprising really, tons of red hair on each side of the family.

We were thinking Bodhi, but weren't solid on it since we still had almost a month to go, and now are thinking of others too. Plus I'm flooded with hormones! I'm not sure what to do!

Other names we have tossed around are James, Milo, Fox, Huck, Charlie, Archie, Rafferty, Atticus. Nothing seems right. Our daughter's name is Posy.

Advice on what we should name our redhead, or any names to steer away from? My partner doesn't like the typical red names, Rory and Rowan. And Finnegan and Owen have already been crossed off for personal reasons.

Yea yea yea! But help!?

Last edited by dandelion; July 19th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Wait, what? He was a MONTH early and was still 8 pounds? That's not even in the "normal" range, I'm not even sure that's on the charts.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I like Fox, Archie (Archer?), Rafferty & Atticus.
    I think Archie would be a great match with Posy! And he's a good classic redhead character.
    New username is @ truenature

I know! The OB measured my belly when I came in and was like "uhhhhh... how big was Posy?" She was only 4 ounces heavier and full term! And he is actually 1" longer than she was.

They were prepping to bring him to the nursery right away but when he was born they were all surprised and were pretty much like "yea, he doesn't need to go there" then he scored high on all his APGAR's! Yea little man!

He said maybe the due date was wrong, as they call it an estimated due date for a reason. But I am pretty confident of when he was conceived, so I don't know. Just a big kid and ready to show up, I guess. Anyway, he is healthy and we are all very happy, but a little shocked.
    Last edited by dandelion; July 16th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Reid/Reed means red.

And yeah, I'm sorry OP, but I'm having a hard time believing your story. I'm not saying it's impossible but it seems very, very, very unlikely. I doubt that in this day and age, someone who receives first world medical care (with ultrasounds, mind you), would be a month off in their due date. Ultrasounds measure a baby's growth and if baby was measuring large for gestation, they probably would've a.) changed the due date or b.) kept a closer eye on growth.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly