Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Unusual Nicknames for Lillian (family namesake)

I have pretty much narrowed my top girl names to those not in the top 1000 and prefer as rare as possible while still being semi-recognizable and easy to spell. That said, I was very close to my great-grandparents when I was younger and as they're both gone, I always keep the possibility of using their first names on my list for a girl (our boy name is the name of my GGF's brother so it's covered if we have a boy).

Lillian James would be the name and as it and Lily are so popular, I would have to come up with a nickname that is super uncommon so my daughter could still feel like she is one-of-a-kind. Any ideas? Related directly to the name or not, please give me anything you can think of!

Sister is Bayard nn Bay if that helps. Thank you!
    Last edited by tct1219; July 17th, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

Lillia
    Lila
    Lia
    Lola - kind of a stretch though

What about tieing it into flower names as well like Calla for calla lily? Maybe even Tiger for tiger lily.....
    Last edited by dillonsfan01; July 16th, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

I love Lillian but I really don't care for Lily. Lillian James is wonderful!
    I think I'd personally stick with Lillian but because your eldest has a nickname, I think Lillian should probably be taken in that direction too.
    Annie might be a bit of a stretch..Maybe Lee/Leigh would work? Or Elle?
    August Calvin Clayton Daniel Dexter Dominic Felix Frederic Graham Isaac Maxwell Nicholas Oscar Oswald Raphael Reuben Sebastian Thomas Wallace

Aurelia Avery Beatrix Bridget Clara Daniela Emilia Grace Greta Isobel Joanna Juniper Kate Lillian Lucille Marina Ramona Sofia Sidonia Sylvia Violet

Lilou (LEE-lou) is a French pet name for Liliane, but I think it could still work for Lillian. Also, the actress Leelee Sobieski's birth name is Liliane.

I could see Bay and Lilou as well as Bay and Leelee.

Hope this helps!
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Lill
    Lilou
    Lila (lee-la)
    Lilla
    Lilias
    Lilo
    Lian
    Lee
    Liam (smushing Lillian James?)
    Lily-Jay
    Lily-Jem
    LJ
    Elle / Ellie ("L")
    Liddy

An word nickname like Sunny, Bunny, Petal, Ace, Kick...
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.