Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Jericho nn Rio?

Jericho nn Rio?

Is it a stretch to use Jericho and use the nn rio? I don't like the other nn possibilities ( Jerry or Rick) and we've had three beagles with the name Rico - two puppies from litters and the original sire who was a mischievous turd.
    I have been wanting to name a son rio forever since I feel that a river is a strong earthy force that is forever withstanding and ever changing, but hubby hears a Vegas hotel.
    What do you think? Can I get away with it?
    Side note- my niece is named Conory- and called Rory, which I felt to be a stretch, I don't want the whispers they got when they announced her name - she's also never once been called Conory. I intend to call him Jericho and rio often, it's mainly to avoid others giving him a Jerry nn.
    Thanks
    Welcomed T January 2012

Expecting another little mover July 2013

Will it be -

Genevieve, Zara, Catalina, Maylia, Juliet or Ivy

OR

Archer, Bodhi, Teague, Miller, Tavish, or Rio

Nothing wrong with stretching, good for the muscles.

I think it works :P

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Lavender | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Mum to Ulysses, Bishop, Winifred and one yet unnamed boo.

The Jericho I know went by Jake. I liked that pretty well. He never got Jerry, which I wouldn't want either.