Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mythical & Mystical Girls

So, the same as with the laddies, I've tried to put into words what I see/hear in my mind. I had a hard time with Pandora and Tinuviel as I see them more as flashing images and sounds than clear cut pictures. I hope you get something out of this. And I'm afraid the middle names are a bit chaotic, I've tried to cut down but I can't, it's too hot (that's right, I'm blaming the weather). If you want to come with middle name suggestions, that's allowed, and if you want to try making me some combos that would be nice. It's always good with some fresh perspective!

Gwenllian
    The wild thing, running through forests and mountains, the wind whipping her hair around her face. She's got a silver laugh and dances like a fairy. Gwenllian's blue and green, free, fresh and natural, everything is being alive. The taste of mountain spring water, the sound of bird wings flapping. Running barefoot out into the rain, stretching her arms out and welcoming the drops all over herself.

Gwenllian Alcyone Elaine, Gwenllian Alcyone Villanelle

Hespera
    Hespera's still my evening nymph walking in her warm beautiful lush walled garden, dancing in fountains, eating pomegranates, the smell of honeysuckle, jasmine, roses and mimosa. But I can see the winter girl, wrapped in wool from top to toe, furry coats taking a midnight stroll in the soft pure white twinkling snow, a starry sky above, coming home to a house smelling like cinnamon, coffee and roses. Hespera's warm and cosy.

Hespera Ophelia Psyche, Hespera Ophelia Tinuviel, Hespera Cissea Elbereth

Morgana
    Morgana's a storm. The dark clouds gathering, crashing together causing lightning and thunder. Violent waves crashing against cliffs, the strong wind blowing in her skirts. Wild untamed nature. Dark, luxurious, temperamental, magical. And then the beauty of the calmness after the storm...

Morgana Eos Villanelle, Morgana Hecate Elbereth

Pandora
    Pandora feels to me like being weightless like you are in water. Long hair dancing softly around her head, gracious underwater movements. Little bright rays of sunshine that make everything look magical, and feel warmer than it really is. Mermaids and nereids, coral, starfish and seaweed. Pandora's in the cold colour spectre, light icy blue, violet, lavender, cold azure. I associate this name strongly with music; Pandora and Otterley by Cocteau Twins, and Pandora's Aquarium and Liquid Diamonds by Tori Amos. And hope, Pandora's all hope and beauty.

Pandora Ophelia Elbereth, Pandora Ophelia Tinuviel

Tinuviel
    Twilight girl, a naiad walking softly in between the trees, music follows her wherever she goes. I can't say more, Tinuviel's a feeling more than anything, star clusters, mists, an ocean of pinks and gold. Tinuviel sounds like Bat for Lashes.

Tinuviel Circe Aurora

Alcyone
    Aradia
    Atalanta
    Aurora
    Bellicent
    Belphoebe
    Berenice/Veronica
    Callisto
    Chione
    Circe
    Cissea
    Clemency
    Daphne
    Eimyrja
    Eisa
    Elaine
    Elbereth
    Eos
    Eowyn
    Giselle
    Hathor
    Hecate
    Idunn
    Iris
    Isis
    Isolde
    Lilith
    Louise
    Loveday
    Lyonesse
    Lyra
    Melusine
    Myrsina/Myrrhine
    Niamh
    Nimue
    Noor
    Oenone
    Olwen
    Olympia
    Ondine
    Ophelia
    Persephone/Proserpina
    Psyche
    Signe
    Sonja
    Vanessa
    Villanelle
    Yvaine
    Zephyrine
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

your girls list is beautiful !I especcially love Morgana and Pandora !Stunning names and beautiful images !

As for combos I love Tinuviel Circe Aurora (stunning) ,Pandora Ophelia Tinuviel and Morgana Eos Villanelle .

lets give a try(

Gwenllian Circe Atalanta
    Gwenllian Olwen Noor

Hespera Aradia Noor
    Hespera Belphoebe Noor

Morgana Eowyn Noor
    Morgana Zephyrine Niamh

Pandora Loveday Circe
    Pandora Clemency Isolde

Tinuviel Villanelle Noor
    Tinuviel Phyche Vanessa

some middle names. From bewitching.con
    Alizon
    Amethyst
    Ariadne
    Bluesette
    Eglatine
    Elphada
    Fairuza
    Foxglove
    Greensleeves
    Hypatia
    Musidora
    Nausicaa
    Nessarose
    Primeveire
    Snowdrop
    Treemonisha
    Last edited by bellerose; July 16th, 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: where I found them

Hespera Olwen Pomeline - I like the initials HOPE! And Hespera Olwen sounds particularly lush and snow-like to me. I really like the nn Sparrow!
    Tinuviel Idunn Selene - I always thought the initials TIS would be so cute on a girl. Even as a nn. And the nn's nova and neve are great for a winter baby, too, and they seem like they might work with Tinuviel...
    Gwenllian Loveday Estatira - I think Estatira was one of the names you liked earlier...sorry if I'm remember incorrectly. I like GLEE as initials - cute!
    Pandora Aradia Giselle - so pretty! I like PAGE as initials and as a nn, too
    Morgana Isis Alcyone - MIA makes sweet initials, and a nn, as well.

You truly have so many lovely and exotic choices. Can't wait to hear what you come up with

Your images match mine almost exactly! So much loveliness that I don't have anything to add except to express my admiration for Gwenllian Alcyone Villanelle - very poetic!
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

I love Pandora :-) all of the images you created made me smile :-) I was wondering do you get any images/ feelings from the name Sunniva? In my mind she is a mischievous explosion of light, laughter and hope. She is an explorer, a lover of nature and the wonder that the world provides. She is wild but has amazing moments of calmness when observing that which fascinates her. I see her sitting in a field of wild flowers bathed in sunlight and surrounded butterfly's ...