Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by namesinthenw View Post
    What about Jordell? It is an English form of Jordan. It has the 'Jo' of John and the 'el' of Melvin.
    Or Joel... Honestly I think anything we come up with is going to be a huge stretch and not feel like an honor name for John and Melvin. Unless you want to make something up like Meljohn or Johnvin, I would just name him John Melvin and call him by a nickname...

ETA: Or a variant of John with Melvin as a middle name. Actually, Evan could honor both. It's a variant of John and has the van/vin syllable.
    Last edited by southern.maple; July 16th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

My first thought was Vince - Melvin and Lawrence.

There's also Jomel - I've seen this as one of Jamal's many spelling variations. It's got the Jo- from John and Mel from Melvin.

I like the suggestion of Evan, I think it honours both in a way that isn't too much of a stretch and also doesn't look made up.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Thank you all so much!!! These are seriously great ideas that I never would have thought of! I truly appreciate it.

We haven't decided on a first name yet, but we are leaning towards Colin. It's kind of a problem, I think, since all of our boy names we like end in "N," and a lot of the names to choose from also end in "N" or have the "IN" sound.

This is giving me a lot to think about, though, and I am hoping that we can come up with the right one!

Vaughn
    Vince
    Vincent
    Levi
    James
    Levon
    Jem
    Len

I hope this helped! I know they might be a stretch.
    Sarah Beth <3

Current favorites:

Violet Christine • Aurora Scarlett • Eden •

Micah James • Cash Henry •