Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rosemary Olivia is here

Our daughter, Rosemary Olivia (nickname "Rosie"), finally arrived ten days after her due date. While we wanted to have her name picked as of week 20 of the pregnancy, we only settled on Rosemary two weeks before she was born and after searching this website many times and making countless lists.

We picked Rosemary to honor her Great-Grandmothers Rose and Mary. Rosemary also met our criteria of not being a popular name, but still being a name people have heard and know (ie not too "out there.") We also loved that the rosemary plant is symbolic of remembrance, love, and loyalty. Finally, my name starts with an "R," so I liked that her name and mine are somewhat similar without being too matchy. We picked Olivia as a middle name the morning before she was born. I love a lot of the top 20 names, but didn't want to use them because of their popularity. Since Rosemary is an old-fashioned name, I wanted to use a popular name to balance it out and give my daughter the option later on of going by something trendier if she turns out not to like her first name. Olivia seemed great because Rosemary is latin for the rosemary plant, and Olivia is latin for the olive tree, symbolizing peace.

Rosie is beautiful and healthy, we love her and the name fits perfectly.

Love, love, love Rosemary! It will be our cabbage's name if she is a girl. Congrats and best wishes!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Great name, I love Rosemary! Congrats on your new little girl

favorite names: Jane 🌻 Teague

I love Rosemary and Olivia. They go together darling. Great choice and congratulations!
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

Congrats to you on the safe arrival of your baby girl, Rosemary Olivia. I'm so glad to hear that someone loves Rosemary too!
    All the best,
    Mischa.