Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help naming three characters

I'm in the middle of writing a novel of sorts, and I have almost all of my characters named. The only ones I don't are the three main ones. It's set throughout a few years, starting with the main character's birth and through to her death.
    The Main Character - She's outspoken and confident, though she'll only really talk to you if she wants to. She had long brown hair and hazel eyes, and she's Scottish but I don't really need a Scottish sounding name. I guess I want her to have an unusual, rarely used name that most people wouldn't have heard of before. I'd thought of Eirys, India, Albion and Ethel, but so far none of them seem right.
    The Love Interest - He's two years younger than the main character, and he's the complete opposite of her. He's shy, he stutters and he's partially deaf. I want him to have kind of an unused name, too. I really like the sound of Norman, but I'm not 100% on it.
    The Main Character's Guardian - He raised her from birth as her parents could not. They gave her to his keeping because their lives were threatened and she sees him as a real dad, though she knows he isn't. He makes cheesy jokes to fill the silence, and he's an English teacher. His last name is Browdie, and I'm finding it hard to find one I like that goes with it.

I really love the name Morgana for the main character, too.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by mammaclara; July 16th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

"Albion" - Afton, Faraday, Ansel, Varya, Almira, Albany, Levina, Alwina, Vinnia, Olena,
    "Norman" - Truman, Gordon, Coleman, Roland, Sherman, Bernard, Arnold, Herbert, Garrison

For Browdie, I'd just use that name for him, and maybe have something that really doesn't go that's technically his first name. So the reason he doesn't use it is that it doesn't 'fit'. I think Browdie is great.
    "Browdie" - Gideon, Quentin, Phineas, Cyrus, Basil, Burke, Roderick, Rufus, Crane, Erasmus, Silas
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

miranda • 13 • fangirl • dreamer
    writer • student • game of thrones

• boys •
    rafael • adrian • emmett • aaron • jared • raynor • niccolo • richard • philip

• girls •
    ingrid • saskia • magnolia • jemsa • isobel • sybil • evelyn • amalia •mary • haizel • cosima • helena • leonor • blanche • florence • paulina • josephine

I'm thinking a girly name for the MC, like Alessia, Adelisa, Xanthe, Alessandra, Cassia, Amabel, or Cassandra. A long name with a short nn would be good-- real name Alessandra, nn Aless.

For the Love Interest, I would think something like Calloway/Callaway, Kai, Keller, or Rhys would be good. The name for the Love Interest should be important, becasue you want your readers to fall in love with him as well as your MC. <3

Lastly, I was thinking something like Madden, Cedric, Klaus, or Klay/Clay for the Main Character's Guardian. Something masculine would work, imo.

Good luck with writing your story! I can't wait for the book to be published so I can read it!

Thanks for all the help