Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I love the name but yeah, the association to Marie Antoinette is very strong.
    If you're really passionate about it, then go for it. It's beautiful and even though there is that association, people will eventually get over it
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

I really like Antoinette! It's actually my friend's middle name.
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Eleanora, Minerva, Lilac and Bastian "Baz", Fletcher, Edmund, Joscelin, Gideon

It's my middle name and the Marie Antoinette association has never been an issue. I'm not terribly fond of it but I think that's mostly because my parents never used it and since it's a bit over the top formal I don't feel comfortable with it.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and John Benedict nn Johnny

I think it would work as a middle name to balance out a stronger or one syllable first name. Another name to consider if you don't want the association to Marie Antoinette is Antonia.

It's OK but I much prefer Antonia. The "twa" syllable somehow sort of bothers me.