Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help! :)

Help! :)

So, here is our situation. Hubby is Filipino, I am American. We will use my maiden name as a second middle name. It starts with G and ends with "berry", it is three syllables. The last name is also 3 syllables, starts and ends with A, which makes me think we need to stay away from names that end in A or the uh sound.

What one of us likes, usually has a different connotation or feel in the other's country.

His likes:
    Girl-- Stacey
    Boy-- Xavier (we both like, but our pronunciation is different), Raleigh, Braden, Cade

My likes:
    Girl: Magdalynne, Katia, Imogen, Haven, Honor, Elyse, Annelyse
    Boy: Malachi, Elimelech (Eli, means "my God is King"), Canaan
    Some of these names I love, but wouldn't be able to use for various reasons, but this gives you an idea of what I like.

Together we have agreed we both like Sage and Story for a girl. We both like Cadence, but I feel it is dated. We like Chordale for a boy (he is a music teacher, so we would use the nickname Chord. My father's name is Dale). We also like Reed for a boy.

I tend to be drawn to names because of sound, but I also would love to have something with meaning. Hubby would really like a musical meaning. I particularly like Story because I am a big reader and love the heritage of reading that my family has passed on. We are Christians so having a Biblical or spiritual meaning would be great as well. We don't want something that is super-popular.

So, what are your thoughts on other name ideas?
    TIA!
    Last edited by dancingwithdad; July 16th, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

I like Reed on a boy and Story on a girl. Lyric, Harp(er), Apollo (God of music), Melody, Piper, and Harmony are also musical names. You could consider bird names since birds are very musical creatures: Lark, Sparrow and Finch are nice.

I actually know a little one named Story and it suits her perfectly!

Other Suggestions

Girls
    Biblical Names
    Ruth
    Abigail - this one is pretty popular though
    Elizabeth
    Hannah
    Rachel
    Anna

Musical
    Melody
    Allegra
    Seraphine
    Cadence - I know you have it already, but I know a girl under the age of two with this name, so it's not dated to me.

Boys

Biblical
    Seth
    Abel
    Levi
    Nathan
    Samuel
    Andrew
    Simon
    Benjamin

Musical
    Crosby - as in Bing Crosby
    Amadeus - as in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and it means lover of God!

I forgot, we do like Lyric. I was reading another thread one day, about naming girl twins and one lady said she would name them Story and Lyric and it made me wonder if they were going to become popular (or already have?)?

I have only ever met one Story, and my cousin has a son whose middle name is Lyric, but those are the only two children I've ever met with those names.