Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Am I stuck using names that end in -a/-ah?

I am not very far along yet, and definitely not to the point of discussing names with my husband (it just isn't his thing), but I've been giving some thought to possible name choices for my little guy/gal. The problem I am running into is that my husband's children from his previous relationships all have have the same sound at the end of their names. They are Josiah, Stella, and Emma.

Am I stuck using a name that ends in the same sound for the sake of consistency?
    Would it be weird to have Josiah, Stella, Emma, and Violet? How about Josiah, Stella, Emma, and Simon?

Also, what do you think of some of my current favorite first names? Do you have suggestions to add?

Girls:
    Violet
    Margot
    June
    Abigail

Boys:
    Simon
    Charles (Husband's father's middle name)
    Andrew (My father's middle name)
    Sebastian
    Milo
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I don't think you're stuck. Don't choose a name ending in "ah" because you think you should. Choose a name you love! I love all your choices so far! My personal favourites are Margot, Sebastian and Violet. I'll get back to you with further suggestions!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I don't think you're stuck at all.

You need to choose a name you both like, not just settle for one that follows the "ah" ending.

The names you've listed are great.

I'm not a huge fan of Abigail, but it would be a good fit with sisters Stella and Emma.

My favorites of those you've listed are Violet, Margot, June, Milo and Sebastian.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I dont think you are stuck. I think all your name choices are nice. My favorite from your girl list is Violet and boys is Andrew and Sebastian.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

I agree, I don't think you're stuck at all. It's funny, my parents had the opposite problem naming me and my siblings--our last name starts with O, so anything ending in -a or -ah slurs together to sound like uh-oh.

From your list, I love June, Violet, and Sebastian. All your choices are great options. Personally, I think Josiah, Stella, and Emma have way different vibes, so you aren't locked into any one style.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr