Names Searched Right Now:

Sister name for Hazel?

I absolutely adore the name Hazel. It has always been at the top of my list and will most likely be the name I choose for my first daughter. Recently, I've been thinking about potential names for Hazel's sister. This is just for fun. I'm just a fellow name nerd and would love to hear your suggestions

Here are two names that I've recently been swooning over. Do you think either of them are good contenders for Hazel's sister?

Cassia - Not sure what the correct pronunciation is. CASS-EE-UH or CASH-UH? I do prefer the first pronunciation though.

Serena - I've always had a soft spot for this name. Love the softness of it and meaning.

Also, please include some more of your own personal suggestions. Thanks

Cassia would be the better of the two as a sister for Hazel. Other suggestions would be

Melody
    Audrey
    Lila
    Bridget
    Noelle
    Carmen
    Elowen
    Fiona
    Jada
    Ivy
    Savannah
    Lydia
    Carolina

I think Cassia is supposed to be pronounced Casha, but the name is so unusual, it doesn't matter which pronunciation you use. Personally, I think Casha and Hazel sound better together than Cassie-ah and Hazel.

Another name I like with Hazel is Fern.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~

Quote Originally Posted by missmelissa View Post
    I absolutely adore the name Hazel. It has always been at the top of my list and will most likely be the name I choose for my first daughter. Recently, I've been thinking about potential names for Hazel's sister. This is just for fun. I'm just a fellow name nerd and would love to hear your suggestions

Here are two names that I've recently been swooning over. Do you think either of them are good contenders for Hazel's sister?

Cassia - Not sure what the correct pronunciation is. CASS-EE-UH or CASH-UH? I do prefer the first pronunciation though.

Serena - I've always had a soft spot for this name. Love the softness of it and meaning.

Also, please include some more of your own personal suggestions. Thanks
    Hmm...
    As a fellow name nerd I have to say that I'm not keen on the berry favourite - Hazel - for me this name constantly reminds me of hazelnuts and doesn't feel that attractive but I can see the appeal she's a 'cool' retro pick which a very classic edge.

Cassia - I can totally see the appeal in Cassia, she works with Hazel as well. Cassia has a very exotic feel. I also love the nickname Cassie, which would work with Cassia. But in all honesty I prefer Cosima which has a similar feel to Cassia but just feels far prettier and has a more attractive sound. Cosima & Hazel sound very pretty together as well.

Serena - Ah I've really begun to like Serena, she's has a very sensual poetic stance. I also love how she has a witchy sound. Serena works with Hazel but in a 'cooler older sister way'.

Suggestions:
    Nina & Hazel
    Maisie & Hazel
    Aurora & Hazel
    June & Hazel
    Juliet & Hazel
    Pearl & Hazel
    Ophelia & Hazel
    Annelies & Hazel

I think either one would be nice with Hazel! I prefer the Cash-uh pronunciation of Cassia, but I think either is acceptable. Some other ideas:

Calla
    Camille
    Olive
    Flora
    June / Junia
    Gemma
    Matilda
    Ivy
    Juniper
    Iris
    Mira
    Willa / Willow
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley