Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Casper's a great name and honestly, the friendly ghost association doesn't bother me because really, you can't get a better association than that. Cass would be a cute nickname for it.

I don't like Cashel, it feels made up.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I don't care for Cashel, personally. I like Dashiell much more, or even some of the other Cash names. I LOVE Caspar (this spelling), though! I keep coming back to it for my own list. I nearly opted for Samuel Caspar, but I ended up with Samuel Gaspard instead. Still love the name, though!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I do think the friendly ghost is still a powerful association but I still really love Casper and think its a great alternative to the growing popularity of Jasper. The nn Cass is very cool.

I love Casper/ Caspar! It was our boy pick last time
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????

I think Casper is adorable -- and I would personally never use it -- because I can't get over "The Friendly Ghost" -- but I do think that dates me -- in more than one way and that others should definitely think of it as viable.

I like so many of the suggestions above. I like Cash -- just as a name -- on its own. I agree Cashel seems a bit invented, and I like much better Caspian or Jasper. I think Cass is just about the cutest nn I can conceive.