Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

In need of boys names that aren't very common

My kids are Holden, Sawyer and Izabella.

I don't want to pick a name that's very common this time so I would like to avoid top 100. So far wha we like if you would rate them

Atticus
    Elias
    Finn
    Graham
    Julian
    Jasper
    Kieran
    Keenan
    Leo
    Miles
    Milo
    Noel
    Rhys

Great picks! And I love your other children's names, Holden (this name rocks!), Sawyer and Izabella are all great names!

My Top 5 from your picks would have to be:

1. Atticus - This name is such a strong choice. I know a little boy named Atticus and it works out splendidly on him, plus this name fits well with your other children's names.
    2. Graham - Has that same feeling/vibe to me as your other children's names. Plus it is vintage and familiar without being overly used.
    3. Jasper - Love, love, love this name! It is so handsome and has something special!
    4. Leo - This name seems like it's getting popular (well at least here on nameberry), and I think there's a good reason, it's handsome and has some spunk.
    5. Rhys - Very masculine and handsome in my opinion.

A long favorite that hasn't really shown up is Ephram. I like Ethan, and this is a good alternative to escape the popularity.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher

Holden, Sawyer, and Izabella all have a vintage feel but with a contemporary twist or modern popularity. I think your list generally hits the nail on the head blending in with those criteria.

If I were to knock a few off, I would say:
    Atticus - I find Holden (Catcher in the Rye), Sawyer (as in Tom), and Atticus (TKAM) really high-school-reading-list themed. (You could even tie in Isabella with, sigh, Twilight.) Of course, if you like this theme, go for it. I'm rather theme-averse unless they are very, very subtle. I would almost put Jasper on this no-no list for his Twilight association since you have an Izabella, but I think it's probably fine.
    Kieran & Keenan - these feel very Irish to me where Holden, Sawyer, and Izabella don't.
    Julian - This is ranked in the US at #53, so it doesn't meet your hope for No-Top-100 by half. It also feels much more British-uppercrust-old-fashioned than either of your rough-and-tumble boys names.

On the flipside, I think these are absolute winners:
    Graham - Straightforward, but not boring; fits the surnamey style of Holden and Sawyer; feels happy, light, fun to wear!
    Miles nn Milo - While Milo alone feels much more cutesy and nicknamey than your current kids' names, it makes a perfect nickname for Miles, which incidentally falls in great with Holden, Sawyer, and Izabella. Milo as a nickname even gives a subtle nod to that literary theme (from The Phantom Tollbooth!) without driving the connection home as a permanent fixture in his name I loves "miles" too as a reference to travel, fun road-trips, etc.
    Rhys - I suppose one could argue that this is as Welsh as Kieran or Keegan is Irish, but it doesn't feel as tied to its heritage to me. I think its light crisp sound matches the earnest, easygoing qualities of the other three names. Finn gets an honorable mention here; I think it shares a similar quick, happy sound and would fit in your sibset, but it feels trendier to me, and makes the other names feel a little bit trendy, too. So while I like Finn, Rhys edges it out in my book

I think Elias, Leo, and Noel are fine. They just don't scream "AMAZING!" at me the way these others do But overall, I think you have a great list here!

Atticus, Rhys, or Jasper!!!