Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New to Nameberry: Cora or Cara?

Hi everyone! I just joined Nameberry, and I have a few questions. My main one is... what name do you prefer:
    Cora or Cara?

I like both, but I wanted to get your guys opinions. Also, even though I'm new, I can already tell that there seems to be 'trolls' on this site. I mean, I look at birth announcements, and a lot of them seem quite fake. I won't name any, and I know it is pretty irrelevant for me to bring this up, but I just find it rude that some people think it's okay to fake a birth, when others can't conceive. Sorry for this little rant... anyways, Cora or Cara? Thank you, berries!

Best regards,
    Julia

Welcome to nameberry, raspberries 18!

I much prefer the name Cora, while Cara is nice, Cora to me is vintage, charming, and classic!

Welcome to the Nameberry :-)

I prefer Cara to Cora. To me Cara seem to be spunkier and more beautiful as a name.It age well and I would be happy to be named that. On the other hand I like Cora but I prefer it as a nn for Coraline ,Corazon,Cornelia etc.
    Vasiliki ,
    Maeve ~ Persephone ~ Ophelia ~ Rosalind ~ Eleanor ~ Silver ~ Psyche ~ Belladona ~ Calista ~ Raven ~ Winter ~ Imogen ~ Glass ~ Nevermore ~ Remember
    Alaric ~ Amadeus ~ Grey ~ Wolf ~ Damien ~ Dorian ~ Perseus ~ Salem ~ Viktor ~ Edgar ~ Thorn ~ Gideon ~ Lucian ~ Constantine

I love the name Cara!

Thanks everybody! I love both, but I think one reason I don't like Cora nearly as much is because it doesn't feel as 'completed'. I love Coralie though
    Best regards; Julia

Persephone Kate ; Charlotte Delphine ; Evangeline Karys ; Clara Juliet ; Vera Madeleine

Joseph Scott ; Christopher Callan ; Maxwell Finn ; Noel Carter ; James Nicholas