Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Brother for Lenny and Beatrix. Jarvis?

Our third baby is due in a month and I thought we'd pretty much decided to name him Jarvis. But my husband isn't 100% sure it's right, though I can't put my finger on what it is he doesn't like about it. A number of years ago we picked Jasper as our second boy's name, but I feel it's too popular now. Jarvis seems similar enough but fresh and different.

So my question is, what do you think of Jarvis and can you suggest other names we might like. Other names on my list include Chester (too similar in sound to our surname), Morris, Ralph, Otto, Clement. Overall my husband finds my choices a little too feminine and wants another name like Leonard (which is our first son's full name), strong and masculine.

Oh and ideally this baby's middle name will be Hudson, my maiden name.

Thank you!

I'm not a fan of Jarvis, but I did have a couple of teachers growing that I called Mr. Jarvis which may have something to do with my dislike. I think it's just too surnamey for me now. My first thought for you was Wesley Hudson 'Wes'. I think that would be really handsome. Some other ideas:

Malcolm Hudson
    Spencer Hudson
    Silas Hudson
    Samuel Hudson
    Brennan Hudson
    Theodore Hudson
    Xander Hudson
    Malachi Hudson
    Isaac Hudson
    Julian Hudson
    Felix Hudson
    Philip Hudson
    Flynn Hudson
    Finlay Hudson
    Xavier Hudson
    Girls: Lucy, Nora, Ivy, Mae, Willow, Rose, Nessa
    Boys: Felix, Philip, Owen, Flynn, Dexter, Henry, Rory, Finlay

We were discussing Wesley last night and how we both like it but that it's been ruined for us by my sister's rebellious brother-in-law. Such a pity because it is a great name.

We like Theodore too, but might be too similar to Leonard with the -eo in the first syllable.

And Philip is Lenny's middle name

Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).

Jarvis seems too surnamey and celebrity next to the classic Leonard and Beatrix. I'd go for something more vintage classic, but still uncommon on children:

Eric
    Simon
    Stuart
    Jeffrey/Geoffrey
    Gregory
    Jeremy
    Winston
    Vincent
    Victor
    Colin
    Oswald
    Edwin/Edmund

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George