Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mythical & Mystical Boys

I've got a top five, so now it's that time when I try to put them together into full names. Below I've tried to explain how I feel/see a name, and I've put down a combo or two for each of the names. Further down is a rather long list of possible middle names, and I've put pronunciation next to the Norse/Norwegian and EE names. If you want to help me make combos, that would be fun! Middle name suggestions are always welcome. Thank you so much!

Casimir
    Ancient forest at twilight, traveling roads. Men in velvet fur lined capes riding through on beautiful chestnut horses. Mystical and misty, hawks and falcons. The scent of coffee, whiskey, roses and leather. Casimir is nobility and royalty. I think of the Stark boys...

Casimir Antony Herne, Casimir Hector Winterson

Endymion
    Moonlight and starry skies by an ice covered lake. All blue and silver, hoarfrost on the naked trees, the snow beautifully twinkling in the starshine. Endymion's wrapped in woolen throws, reading by lantern light. I hear Justin Vernon singing...

Endymion Lucius Rainier

Oberon
    A woodland clearing, fairy’s dance. Oberon is dancing and flowers, things that glitter and sparkle. The sweet scent of flowers, the music of flutes and bells. Oberon is the original man, he needs to be celebrated with garlands, joy and a lust for life.

Oberon Sigurd Gawain

Orpheus
    Young forest, the kind with the grassy grounds, mountain scenery in the background. The bittersweet romantic, beautiful and young making the loveliest music. There's something ethereal about Orpheus... "Once and for all Orpheus is where there is singing. He comes and goes."
    Orpheus Brage Lorien

Romulus
    Like Casimir, if he'd gone a little crazy and started living in the forest on his own, hunting for food with his bare hands or a rough wooden spear. Romulus is sexy, rugged, yet quiet and intelligent. Tobacco chewing whiskey drinking warrior with a wolf for a pet.

Romulus Odin Valemon

Middle name list (sorry, I know it's long):
    Antony
    Arcas
    Aries
    Balder (BAL-derr)
    Basil/Vasiliy
    Boreas
    Brage (BRA-ge)
    Calidore
    Cecil
    Damon
    Darius
    Dragan (druh-GAN)
    Earendil
    Faramir
    Gawain
    Hector
    Herne (HURN)
    Hylas
    Iamos
    Idris
    Iorek
    Isidore
    Ivo
    Lanval
    Liber
    Lorien
    Loxias
    Lucius
    Lycius
    Odin
    Oliver
    Orion
    Pelleas
    Peter
    Rainier
    Ranulph
    Robin
    Sigurd (SIHG-uhr)
    Thor
    Valemon (va-le-MON)
    Wayland
    Winterson
    Zephyr
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I'm in love with your imagery for all of these! Oberon and Romulus in particular sound like people I would love to encounter.

Casimir: I kinda like Casimir Antony Herne. The only combo I can come up with atm is Casimir Lorien Idris.

Endymion Lucius Rainier is great. Love it. Maybe: Endymion Ivo Isidore, Endymion Aries Hector?

Don't like the double G's in Sigurd Gawain. I'd make it Oberon Zephyr Gawain.

I kinda like Orpheus Brage Lorien. What about Orpheus Valemon Ranulph?

The repetitive endings of Odin Valemon are a bit choppy. Romulus Odin Isidore, Romulus Calidore Ivo?
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

You just made me love Casimir with your description about the name!!Definitely what I imagine my son would be. Casimir and Orpheus are my favorite although all your names are good.

Sorry iam not good in combos but I will give a try.
    How about :
    Casimir Oliver Hector
    Casimir Wayland Thor
    Casimir Lorien Odin

Endymion Gawain Hector
    Endymion Darius Basil
    Endymion Zephyr Idris

Oberon Lucius Hector
    Oberon Rainier Thor
    Oberon Cecil Odin

Orpheus Calidore Idris
    Orpheus Faramir Cecil
    Orpheus Winterson Peter

Romulus Isidore Lorien
    Romulus Hector Cecil
    Romulus Balder Odin

Good luck!
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”~ Edgar Allan Poe .

I am so in love with your imagery for Casimir. Casimir Antony Herne is pretty perfect if you ask me. I really want to put Odin, Wayland, and Ranulph with Casimir, but I'm awful with three name combos...
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Just for fun, I dont think you need them

Some middle names :
    Aleister
    Apollo
    Archer
    Beltane
    Bensiabel
    Cabot
    Cupid
    Deepak
    Ernest
    Expedite
    Evander
    Fenrir
    Fiyero
    Gabor
    Galileo
    Gilead
    Hickory
    Horus
    Howl
    Ignatius
    Leif
    Loki
    Lucifer
    Melchior
    Nym
    Oceanus
    Severus
    Sirius
    Yule
    Zen

I found them in a site and I was thinking they were interesting.
    Last edited by bellerose; July 16th, 2013 at 08:17 AM. Reason: new middles found
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”~ Edgar Allan Poe .