Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Full name for the nn Cara?

For the past couple weeks, I've really been in love with the idea of the nn Cara. It means the same thing as my grandmother's name (Ruth), and it's quite close to my mom's name (Karen), so I feel like Cara could easily honor both women. I love Cara, but I feel like it's incredibly hard to pair up on its own, and I feel like something on the longer side would fit much better with the longer and flowier names on my list.

I've tossed around Caroline and Carolina, but Carolina feels a bit exotic for me, and Caroline is too reminiscent of the vitriolic Caroline Bingley for me. It's a nice name, but I just can't get past her (although I love P&P!). Are there any other ways to get to Cara? I've thought about Carys, but honestly I'm not a fan at all. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

how about

Carina
    Catalina
    Carmen
    Charlotte
    Catriona
    Clarissa
    Ceridwen (i read somewhere about a woman who named her DD Ceridwen Ramona and called her Cara but i dont know if it works)
    Carson
    Carly

Some suggestions:
    Carmen
    Carina
    Carissa
    Carmela
    Carola

A super-search also yielded Carilla, but I couldn't find any history on that so not sure if it's a recently made-up name.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

What about just 'Cara'?

But I honestly adore Caroline and I think Cara works as a really sweet nickname for Caroline. Caroline is a stunning choice, she has this rural southern-feel that is just so cool and wholesome. Caroline is a great choice. I also think that this name is really pretty, she just works. I also don't think Caroline conjures any negative connotations she's just feels like a beautiful classic. Caroline is brilliant.

I like Caroline or Carys