Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Both Sylvias I know happen to be middle aged and Hispanic (though this is in Texas, with a large hispanic population). I think it's a good name and not popular at all.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

I've only met one ever and she was a woman in her 60s.

I think Ramona and Sylvia are such beautiful names for sisters. I hope that you use this one!

Edited to add ... I hope you don't let the combined popularity of the two spellings deter you. My 3rd daughter has a name that is ranked in the mid-300s overall and I've never met another little girl around her age with her name. I haven't even met that many adults with her name either - and it was much more popular with older generations.
    Last edited by tristan; July 16th, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

Sylvie is one of the top names on my list so I highly approve of Sylvia/Silvia and think it is a beautiful sibset with Ramona.

If you do the math together Sylvia/Silvia were 754 births in 2012 which works out to 0.0392 which works out to 3.92 (let's call it 4) girls out of 10,000, so 1 in 2500 girls is named Sylvia or Silvia. So I don't think it's too likely you'll meet a bunch of little Sylvias. I say go for it!