Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I work with children and I've never had a Sylvia/Silvia in my class so I don't think it's too popular, and it's a gorgeous name!
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I'm not a fan...puts me in mind of silver-hair, 1970's, and 'silly'. But I think I used to like it in childhood (maybe I thought the singer was pretty...).

I have a 4 year-old Sylvia and we've never met another one in our area around her same age. We get absolutely nothing but compliments on her name. We did meet a little girl about 2 years older than her that was named Sylvia, but she lives a state away.

Edit to add:
    There is a lady named Sylvia that works at our local Costco. I'd guess she's in her 30's.
    Last edited by smismar; July 15th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Jasper Simon · Arthur · Simon · Desmond · Theodore · Malcolm
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki · Kyrie

I know 1 Sylvia she is in her mid 20's.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Love, Love, Love Ramona and Silvia together! I have actually never met a Silvia, 400 is not very popular at all.

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"