Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What would you name my son?

So, it looks like I'm getting a little extra time, which, if you recall my previous posts about gender disappointment and general name indecisiveness, you'll agree I could use

We still don't even have a name *list* much less one decisive name. I'd love to be in the hospital with no more than three name combinations. What would you ladies use?

Daughters' names: Gretchen Sofia and Cordelia Violet

Last name: begins with D and ends in t (names like Rhett or Benedict sound especially bad because of the 't' ending)

Preferences: no unisex, nothing in the top 100 at least, nothing beginning with a V (VD for initials seems cruel) or J (my husband and I both have J names), nothing overtly surname-y

Names that are still on the list or were considered heavily: Henry (thrown out due to popularity), Aurelius, Ignatius, Alaric, Ari, Lennox (thrown out when I found out it is used on girls, too), Oscar (popularity issues), Nolan, Frederick, Bram, Lorcan, Augustus (thrown out due to popularity.. and we know someone personally who just used the name), Alasdair.

Names that husband vetoed: Leo (and its long name possibilities), Sebastian, Florian, Oisin, Everett, Ezra, Ephraim, Jasper, Patrick, Callaghan, Mathis, Cyprian, Orin, Alden, Atticus

I'm open to anything at this point. I know I've worn you ladies out with my issues
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

How many syllables are in your surname? What is your husband's style?
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Two syllable surname.

My husband's style is "I don't care unless it sounds stupid". He's never come up with one name on his own in any of my pregnancies. He just vetoes them if he seriously hates them.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

I love your daughters' names. They go together so perfectly!

Too bad about Augustus... and about half the ones your husband vetoed! What about...

Caspar
    Felix
    Tobias
    Auberon/Oberon
    Ozias
    Matthias
    Dexter
    Leopold
    Dominick
    Rafferty
    Magnus
    Darius
    Dorian
    Orion
    Magnus
    Enoch
    Reginald
    Malcolm
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent