Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally, use it!

19 14.73%
  • No way!

110 85.27%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemon?

I also watch Hart of Dixie, and I have always kind of hated that character's name. I just keep waiting to find out that it's a nickname for some other "real" name. I think Clementine works as a name a little bit better, both because of historical usage and because it's not one of the most familiar fruit names out there. I don't think Lemon really works as an official first name. Of course, I also still hate the name Apple as a name for a person, so I might just be thinking along totally different stylistic lines here.

Although I love Liz Lemon with my whole heart, the only person on that show who really calls her Lemon is Jack, and usually in the context of "Good God, Lemon!" So it doesn't have a positive connotation. It's a last name, not a first name and I think it should stay that way. That said, if someone were to use it, I think people would get used to it.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I don't think it's usable. Along with what everyone else has said, a lemon can also refer to a car with a lot of issues.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowfinch View Post
    Although I love Liz Lemon with my whole heart, the only person on that show who really calls her Lemon is Jack, and usually in the context of "Good God, Lemon!"
    This makes me laugh though and in a fond way. I love the Jack/Lemon dynamic and have always thought his use of her last name as nn was endearing albeit super sarcastic at times..

I hear everybody though. Seems Lemon is better used as nn than a real name. I do agree with you emsky it is a bit weird calling a orange a lemon, so Clementine may be out.
    Last edited by lolly1019; July 15th, 2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling, etc.
    Trying to find the right name for the third time!

I agree with others. Perhaps nickname Lemon is better suited than fullname Lemon.

I think Clarimonde would allow for the nickname Lemon. You'd also be able to use Claire.

Perhaps:

Palemon (Spanish meaning kind hearted woman)
    Salem