45 47.37%
  • Molly Rosalyn

30 31.58%
  • Rosalyn Belle

20 21.05%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Due in a week! Finalizing a girl name.

Hi Nameberries!

I am due in one week, and I want your opinion on these 3 final girl names. My husband and I do not know the sex of the baby, but we are set on a boy name already, just having trouble deciding for a girl... It's a toss-up between the 3 for me, I love them all. Just want to see what you think.

Penelope Lake - My husband and I love the name Penelope. My name is Brooke, so I thought Lake would be a nod to my "water" name.
    Molly Rosalyn - My husband and I love the name Molly. Rosalyn is a combo of our middle names, Ross and Lynn.
    Rosalyn Belle - Rosalyn is a combo of our middle names, Ross and Lynn. I love the name "Belle". Plus I'm a huge Disney fan, and she's one of my favorites.

Thanks for your opinions!

1 Penelope Lake - sounds like a film star name (Veronica Lake of the peek-a-boo hairdo ).
    2 Molly Rosalyn - I would rather have Molly Rosalind because I don't like the two y's in the combo.
    3 Roslyn Belle - Ok but nothing exciting.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think Penelope, Molly, and Rosalyn are all cute but I voted for Molly Rosalyn. It has a bit of assonance (the 'o' sound) but I like the combination the best; I'm not a big fan of Lake or Belle. I know Penelope is pretty well-loved, but I get a feeling it is on an big upward swing right now. Molly, on the other hand, would probably (?) be the only in her class--I don't know how much that matters to you, though. Rosalyn as a fn could work, but I don't think Belle ages very well. Rosalyn Annabelle sounds a little more resume-ready. Molly Brooke also sounds cute and spunky to me. I don't see a reason why your fn can't be her mn. Good luck!
    Current loves:
    Adelaide | Antonia | Charlotte | Emilia | Estelle | Fiammetta | Isobel | Ravenna | Susannah | Ursula | Viola
    Anton | Asa | Bennett | Boone | Caspian | Ezra | Francis | Gideon | Leo | Theodore | Vincent | Winslow

I think Molly is seriously due for a comeback.
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

None of them have amazing flow, but Penelope and Molly are my favorite firsts. What about Penelope Rosalyn? Bit longer, but I like the flow better than Molly Rosalyn and the meaning behind it is more interesting.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin