Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Harry Potter-themed 20 years game!

I’ve seen a lot of games like this one and I really like them, so I thought I’d try to make a Harry Potter-themed one. I also tried to make it as LGBT+ friendly as possible. Apologies for any mistakes in my English, it’s not my first language.

Use this 8-sided dice for every roll.

First, you need to choose your and your partner’s first, middle and last names from the lists below.

First: (x), (x) or (x)
    Middle: (x), (x) or (x)
    Last: (x), (x) or (x)

Roll the dice for your ages.

1-2: from 17 to 19
    3-4: from 20 to 22
    5-6: from 23 to 25
    7-8: from 26 to 28

Roll for your jobs. You may be more specific about your career. If you need a list of all the known jobs in the Harry Potter universe, you can find it here.

1: educator/researcher (Hogwarts professor [choose a subject], teacher in the Muggle world etc.)
    2: athlete (professional Quidditch player [choose a team or make one up and your position] etc.)
    3: writer (textbook author, journalist for a Wizarding newspaper etc.)
    4: artist (actor, painter, photographer etc.)
    5: law enforcement/government employee (Ministry of Magic [choose a department], Gringotts etc.)
    6: health professional (St. Mungo’s Healer, doctor in the Muggle world etc.)
    7: owner of a magical business in Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade or somewhere else (choose one or make one up)
    8: your choice

Roll for the pets you have when you get married. Roll once for the number of pets and then once for each type. Since this is a Harry Potter-themed game, you may choose uncommon animals, such as owls, toads, phoenixes and magical creatures. If you’re not an animal lover, you can skip this part.

1-2: one pet
    3-4: two pets
    5-6: three pets
    7-8: five pets

1: dog
    2: cat
    3: bird
    4: rodent
    5: reptile
    6: amphibian
    7: fish
    8: your choice

Roll for the country where you live. You may choose the city.

1-2: England
    3-4: Scotland
    5-6: Ireland
    7-8: Wales

If you and/or your partner went to Hogwarts, roll for your Houses.

1-2: Gryffindor
    3-4: Slytherin
    5-6: Ravenclaw
    7-8: Hufflepuff

Write a brief description of yourself and your partner and the year you got married. You may also describe how you met them, your proposal, your wedding, your honeymoon, your first house etc.

Just a couple of things before you start: if your children go to Hogwarts, you may write the house they’re sorted into (you can choose or use the dice) and when they turn 17 and graduate from school, you can write what their profession is (again, you can choose or use the dice). Also, if you’re playing with a same-sex couple or if you’re currently single and you get the “unplanned pregnancy” life event, you may decide to adopt a baby instead (you can choose gender, age and the country they’re from). You can have as many children and pet as you want! When the game ends, write down a list of your family members and the pets you have/have had.

If you decide to have a child this year, roll once for the number of children you have, then roll again to find out the gender (odd number = boy, even number = girl) and one last time for the name and middle name. If you don’t conceive/have a miscarriage, go to life events.

1: one baby
    2: twins
    3: miscarriage
    4: one baby
    5: you don’t get pregnant
    6: triplets
    7: twins
    8: one baby

1: first name from (x) or (x); middle name must start with the same letter as last name
    2: first name must have three or more syllables; middle name from (x) or (x)
    3: first name must come from Greek mythology; middle name from (x) or (x)
    4: first name from (x) or (x); middle name must start with the same letter as first name
    5: first name must come from the Harry Potter series; middle name is your choice
    6: first name from (x) or (x); middle name must be a unisex name
    7: first name is your choice; middle name must be related to nature
    8: first name must one of the names searched right now; middle name from (x) or (x)

If you decide not to have a child, roll twice to find out what happens to you this year!

1-1: Someone uses an Unforgivable Curse against your or your partner. Who? Why? How does it happen?

1-2: Your family gets an owl.

1-3: One of your children gets suspended from school. How does it happen? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t in school, you or your partner get suspended from work.

1-4: Your family moves to England. If you already live in England, you can choose whether to move to a different part of the country or stay where you are and roll again.

1-5: Someone close to you has recently opened a shop in Diagon Alley and asks you if you want to co-own it. In order to do that, you would have to quit your job. What do you do? If you decide to go for the shop, what kind of shop is it? Do you like working there?

1-6: One of your children becomes the captain of their school/House Quidditch team. What is their position? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t in school, you or your partner find a hidden talent.

1-7: Unexpected pregnancy! A baby girl is born. You can choose her name.

1-8: An article about you or a member of your family gets published in The Daily Prophet. Why? What does the article say?

2-1: Your partner suddenly passes away. What happened? Roll for the number of years before you marry/commit again (1-2 = one year, 3-4 = two years, 5-6 = three years, 7-8 = four years). If you are already single, roll again for a new life event.

2-2: Something goes wrong during a DADA class and one of your children gets severely hurt. What happened? How critical is their condition? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t in school, you or your partner get severely hurt at work.

2-3: You adopt a girl from Europe. You can choose her name, age and the country she’s from.

2-4: One of your pets passes away early. How do you and your partner/family take it? If you don’t have a pet, someone close to you or to your partner dies.

2-5: You get challenged to a duel by an extremely skilled wizard. Who? Why? Who wins the duel?

2-6: You or your partner decide to write and publish a book, and it soon becomes a best-seller. What is it about?

2-7: One of your children becomes a prefect. Are you proud of them? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to be prefects, you or your partner get a promotion at work.

2-8: Your partner quits their job and starts working at the Minister of Magic. Which department do they work in? Do they like their new job? If your partner already works there, you can choose whether to make them work in another department or roll again. If you don’t have a partner, you quit your job to work at the Minister. If you already work there, change department or roll again.

3-1: Your family moves to Asia. If you already live in Asia, you can choose whether to move to a different part of the continent or stay where you are and roll again.

3-2: Your family gets a toad.

3-3: You find out one of your children (must be young, since the ability presents very early in life) is a Metamorphmagus. How do you find out? Are you happy about it? If you don’t have children/your children are too old, you or your partner become an Animagus.

3-4: You get the chance to meet Harry Potter. How? How does the meeting go? What do you tell him?

3-5: Unexpected pregnancy! Twin boys are born. You can choose their names.

3-6: One of your or your partner’s siblings tragically dies in a duel. They leave behind two children, an 8-year-old boy and a 3-year-old girl. You decide to adopt them. You can choose their names.

3-7: Your family gets a three-legged cat.

3-8: One of your children goes to the Yule Ball with a special someone and ask them to be their boyfriend/girlfriend. How do you feel about it? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to attend the Yule Ball, you or your partner meet up with an old friend.

[...]
    Last edited by italianbabe; April 25th, 2016 at 08:40 AM.

[...]

4-1: Your family goes on vacation. Where do you go? Do you have fun?

4-2: You and your partner have been having serious relationship problems lately and you decide to separate. How long are you separated for? How do you get back together? If you decide to get divorced, roll for the number of years before you marry/commit again (1-2 = one year, 3-4 = two years, 5-6 = three years, 7-8 = four years). If you are already single, roll again for a new life event.

4-3: You adopt a boy from South America. You can choose his name, age and the country he’s from.

4-4: You quit your job and open a magical business in Hogsmeade. What kind of business is it? Is it successful?

4-5: One of your children switch schools and decides to study abroad. Which school do they decide to attend (you can send them to Beauxbatons, Durmstrang or make one up)? Do they like their new school? Do you miss them? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t in school, your family moves to a country of your choice.

4-6: A Seer sees into your future and predicts some obscure and catastrophic events. What do they say? Do you believe them? How does they prophecy affect your life?

4-7: Your family gets a magical pet of your choice.

4-8: Your family moves into a new house, but stays in the same country. How is your new house? Is it bigger than your previous one? Do you like it?

5-1: Unexpected pregnancy! A baby boy is born. You can choose his name.

5-2: One of your children accidentally breaks their wand. Can it be fixed? If not, how long does it take for you to buy them a new one? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to have a wand, your or your partner’s wand breaks.

5-3: Your family gets a rodent of your choice.

5-4: A distant relative passes away and leaves you or your partner a conspicuous amount of money in his will. What do you use it for?

5-5: Your best friend is killed by a basilisk, but comes back as a ghost and asks you to take care of their orphaned daughter. You decide to adopt her. You can choose her name and age.

5-6: Your family moves to Scotland. If you already live in Scotland, you can choose whether to move to a different part of the country or stay where you are and roll again.

5-7: You get the chance to work as a journalist for The Quibbler. In order to do that, you would have to quit your job. What do you do? If you decide to quit your job and start working as a journalist, what is your position (reporter, advice columnist etc.)?

5-8: Your family moves to a country of your choice.

6-1: You find out your partner has been cheating on you for the past few months. What happens? Do you separate and then go back together? Do you get divorced? If you decide to leave them, roll for the number of years before you marry/commit again (1-2 = one year, 3-4 = two years, 5-6 = three years, 7-8 = four years). If you are already single, roll again for a new life event.

6-2: Your family gets a snake.

6-3: Your partner or one of your children is victim of a Memory Charm. Why? How does it happen? Do they get their memory back? If you don’t have a partner/children, you are victim of a Memory Charm.

6-4: You are the maid of honor in your Muggle cousin’s wedding. What happens at the wedding? Does everything go well? Do you have fun?

6-5: You adopt a teenage boy from Africa. You can choose his name, age (must be a teenager) and the country he’s from.

6-6: One of your children starts working part-time at the Leaky Cauldron. What do they do, exactly? Do they like their job? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to have a job, you or your partner quit your job and start working full-time at the Leaky Cauldron.

6-7: Your partner or one of your children is sent to prison for a short time. What is it for? How much time do they spend in there? If you don’t have a partner/children, you are sent to prison.

6-8: Unexpected pregnancy! Twins are born, a boy and a girl. You can choose their names.

7-1: You have a Doxy infestation in your house and your family has to move in with your or your partner’s parents for a while. How long do you stay in their house? How does the cohabitation go?

7-2: Your family gets a large-sized dog.

7-3: You buy one of your children a new broomstick for their birthday. Which kind of broomstick is it? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to have a broomstick, you or your partner get a new broomstick.

7-4: You get fired from your job. Why? How long does it take for you to find a new job? What is your new occupation?

7-5: One of your children becomes a Head Boy/Girl. Are you proud of them? What happens next? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to be Head Boys/Girls, you or your partner get a huge pay rise.

7-6: Your uncle suddenly dies from an heart attack and leaves you his 3-bedroom house in Salem, Massachusetts. What do you do? Do you sell the house? Do you move there?

7-7: A dangerous prisoner escapes from Azkaban and the whole Wizarding world is terrified. Do they get caught? Does their escape have a significant impact in your life? If yes, how?

7-8: One of your children tells you that they’re having a baby. How do you react? Are you happy about it? If they’re still a teenager, do you decide to support them financially? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to have children, you have an unplanned pregnancy.

8-1: Your family gets a non-magical pet of your choice.

8-2: A thief manages to steal something from your Gringotts vault. What do they steal? How does the theft impact your life?

8-3: One of your children becomes a professional Quidditch player for a famous team. Which team? What is their position? Do they like they profession? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to become Quidditch players, you or your partner become a professional Quidditch player.

8-4: You adopt a teenage girl from South Asia. You can choose her name, age (must be a teenager) and the country she’s from.

8-5: One of your children gets lost in the Forbidden Forest. What happens in the forest? Do they get out if it unharmed? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t in school, your partner is killed by a dangerous magical creature. Roll for the number of years before you marry/commit again (1-2 = one year, 3-4 = two years, 5-6 = three years, 7-8 = four years). If you are already single, roll again for a new life event.

8-6: You find out one of your children (must be 11 years old or younger) is a Squib (a wizard-born Muggle). How do you find out? How do you feel about it? If you don’t have children/your children are too old, your younger sibling/a young person close to you finds out they’re a Squib.

8-7: Your family gets a phoenix.

8-8: One of your children is chosen by the Goblet of Fire to participate in the Triwizard Tournament. Do they get hurt during one of the three tasks? Do they win? If you don’t have children/your children aren’t old enough to participate in the Tournament, you or your partner change jobs.
    Valentina. Italian. 17. Animal enthusiast. Computer geek. Aspiring happy person.

names names

Sorry for any mistakes in my English, it's not my first language and I'm still learning!

DW: Mary Josephine "May" Harlow (23)
    - Ravenclaw
    - Journalist for a Wizarding newspaper

DH: William Matteo Harlow (25)
    - Hufflepuff
    - Teaches theatre at a college in the muggle world

Pets: 2 dogs named Kiwi and Fiji, and a turtle named Liz Lemon
    Our family lives in Wales

Year 1: We adopt a three-legged cat and name it Champion.
    Year 2: We have boy twins and name them Oliver Harry Harlow and Miles Henry Harlow.
    Year 3: A dangerous prisoner escapes from Azkaban and the whole Wizarding world is terrified. My newspaper is all over the story and when I'm asked to help cover it my husband doesn't want me to participate. We argue about it, but I finally agree that since I'm the mother of two baby boys, I have to stay safe even if I'm missing out on the action. After about a month, the prisoner is caught.
    Year 4: We have a baby girl and name her Alice Marigold Harlow.
    Year 5: Our family gets a phoenix! It's very exciting and we're glad that we can introduce our children to magical creatures.
    Year 6: We have a second set of boy twins! We name them Louis Harrison Harlow and Leo Lachlan Harlow.
    Year 7: My husband suddenly passes away in a tragic car accident on his way home from work in the muggle world. It's a devastating event and I'm left alone with 5 small children. Two years pass before I commit to another man.
    Year 8: We get a toad for the big twin boys. They name it Truck. We're still trying to figure life out without William.
    Year 9: I marry Ash Leonardo O'Neil, aged 33, Hufflepuff. He works as a chaser for the Welsh National Quidditch team, but is suspended for two weeks because he has missed to many practices to help me out with my busy life.
    Year 10: Ash and I have a baby girl! We name her Penelope Lark O'Neil.
    Year 11: We find out that Penelope is a Metamorphmagus, because her hair one day changes color in front of our eyes. We are excited for her, but also a little scared since she suddenly have an extraordinary power.
    Year 12: We have twins girls! We name them Helena Ophelia "Laney" O'Neil and Phoebe Lavender O'Neil.
    Year 13: My uncle suddenly dies from an heart attack and leaves you his 3-bedroom house in Salem, Massachusetts. We sell the house and enjoy a little more financial security. This is also the year that Oliver and Miles start attending Hogwarts! They are both sorted in Slytherin and they're very excited.
    Year 14: An article about Penelope gets published in The Daily Prophet. It talks about the fact that she's a Metamorphmagus and how good she is at using her power even at age 4.
    Year 15: Something goes wrong during a DADA class and Miles gets severely hurt. His condition is critical for about a week, but he manages to get back on his feet. It's very scary for the rest of our family, especially for Alice who is in her first year at Hogwarts. She got sorted into Ravenclaw like her mother and apart from her brother's accident, she really enjoys the school.
    Year 16: Ash is now 40 years old and decides to quit his Quidditch job and starts working at the Minister of Magic. He really enjoys his new job, even though it is very different from his old.
    Year 17: I get the chance to work as a journalist for The Quibbler. In order to do that, I quit my job at the other Wizarding newspaper. Louis and Leo start their first year at Hogwarts! They are both sorted into Slytherin, like their older brothers and they are very excited to join them.
    Year 18: Our family moves to England.
    Year 19: I decide to write and publish a book, and it soon becomes a best-seller. It's a memoir about my adult life as a journalist and a mother (and widow and wife). Oliver and Miles graduate from Hogwarts! Oliver becomes a photographer and Miles becomes a Hogwarts professor and teaches Potions.
    Year 20: Louis accidentally breaks their wand. Luckily it can be fixed

Year 20 sum up:
    DW: Mary Harlow "May" O'Neil (44)
    - Ravenclaw
    - Journalist for The Quibbler

DH: Ash Leonardo O'Neil (45)
    - Hufflepuff
    - Works for the Minister of Magic

DS1/DS2: Oliver Harry Harlow & Miles Henry Harlow (18)
    - Slytherins
    - Oliver - photographer / Miles - teaches Potions at Hogwarts

DD1: Alice Marigold Harlow (16)
    - Ravenclaw

DS3/DS4: Louis Harrison Harlow & Leo Lachlan Harlow (14)
    - Slytherins

DD2: Penelope Lark O'Neil (10)
    - Slytherin
    - Metamorphmagus

DD3/DD4: Helena Ophelia "Laney" O'Neil & Phoebe Lavender O'Neil (8)
    - Gryffindors
    Mai ◊ Twenty something ◊ Scandinavian berry
    ~not expecting, just collecting~

Lilly Athena ◊ Phoebe Louisa ◊ Minnie Amalia ◊ Alice Philippa
    Oliver JensenJack Romeo ◊ Otto Gabriel

Honor names in italics
    Crushing on: Eva ◊ Oona ◊ Eliza

DW: Hyacinth Valentina Finnigan [41]
    --History of Magic Professor -- Resigned in Year 7.
    --Library owner in Hogsmeade
    --Hufflepuff
    DH: Henry Alfred Murphy [25] -- Deceased
    --Potions Professor
    --Ravenclaw
    DH: Wesley Ishmael Finnigan [41]
    --Arithmancy Professor -- Resigned in Year 17
    --Minister of Magic
    --Hufflepuff
    DS: Leander Phelan Murphy [19]
    --Ravenclaw
    --Potions shop owner in Diagon Alley.
    DS: Arthur Henry Murphy [18]
    --Hufflepuff
    DD: Sibella Penelope Murphy [18]
    --Hufflepuff - Head Girl
    DS: Diego Cesar Finnigan [17]
    --Gryffindor
    DS: Dembe Azizi Finnigan [15]
    --Hufflepuff
    DD: Ariadne Alice Finnigan [12]
    --Metamorphagus
    --Gryffindor
    DS: Dmitri Noam Finnigan [8]
    DD: Matilda Jeanette Finnigan [5]
    DD: Winifred Muriel Finnigan [5]
    DD: Adelina Iris Finnigan [nb]
    DS: Theodore Linus Finnigan [nb]
    Owls: Albus & Eudora
    Cat: Minerva
    Toad: Neville
    Phoenix: Flamel & Serafina

Year 1: Baby boy, Leander Phelan Murphy, was born.
    Year 2: Unexpected pregnancy! Sibella Penelope & Arthur Henry
    Year 3: Henry unexpectedly dies.
    Year 4: Hyacinth remarries Wesley Finnigan. Adopt a baby from South America, Diego Cesar Finnigan.
    Year 5: Family adds a pet toad, Neville.
    Year 6: Hyacinth is the maid of honor in her cousin Arabella's wedding.
    Year 7: Hyacinth resigns from her position as History of Magic Professor and opens a magical library in Hogsmeade.
    Year 8: Unexpected pregnancy! Ariadne Alice Finnigan is born.
    Year 9: Family adopts a phoenix as a pet.
    Year 10: Discover that Ariadne is a Metamorphagus.
    Year 11: Baby boy, Dmitri Noam Finnigan, was born.
    Year 12: Leander goes to Hogwarts, and he is sorted into Ravenclaw like his late father. The family sends their new owl, Eudora, with him.
    Year 13: Arthur & Sibella go to Hogwarts, and are sorted into Hufflepuff. Wesley's uncle passes away and leaves a large sum of money for the family.
    Year 14: Diego goes to Hogwarts and is sorted into Gryffindor. An article about Wesley appears in The Daily Prophet.
    Year 15: Hyacinth gives birth to twin girls, Matilda Jeanette & Winifred Muriel.
    Year 16: Family adopts another pet phoenix, Serafina.
    Year 17: Wesley resigns a Arithmancy professor to work for the Ministry of Magic.
    Year 18: Sibella becomes Head Girl. Leander leaves Hogwarts and opens a shop in Diagon Alley.
    Year 19: Arthur and Sibella leave Hogwarts. Both become healers at St. Mungo's. Ariadne goes to Hogwarts and is sorted into Gryffindor. Unexpected pregnancy! Adelina Iris & Theodore Linus were born.
    Year 20: Diego leaves Hogwarts and begins working as a photographer for The Daily Prophet. Adopt teenage boy from Africa, Dembe Azizi.

DH: Phoenix Tibor Huxley – 21, Gryffindor, professional Quidditch player
    DW: Cerise Alessia Delaney Huxley – 20, Hufflepuff, journalist

Year 1: We have a baby girl, named Ayla Natalya.
    Year 2: Phoenix fulfills a lifelong dream of owning a toad. His name is Henry.
    Year 3: Cerise is fired from her job at the newspaper, but finds a new passion in writing a weekly column for a wizarding magazine.
    Year 4: We try for baby number two, but unfortunately suffer a miscarriage.
    Year 5: Cerise suffers an unfortunate loss when her best friend, Sumner, is killed tragically. Sumner leaves behind a young daughter about Ayla’s age, and we happily adopt her into our family. Her name is Eloise Morgan.
    Year 6: We are pregnant again, and happily welcome twin boys! Their names are Castor Charleston and Devlin Dimitri
    Year 7: Cerise has the honor of serving as matron of honor in her cousin’s wedding.
    Year 8: We have a baby boy! His name is Lysander Jordan.
    Year 9: Phoenix is featured in the Daily Prophet as the most influential Quidditch player of the year!
    Year 10: We get a pet rat for Ayla, who has had a fascination with them from a young age. She names her pet Moose.
    Year 11: Eloise soon becomes jealous of Ayla’s rat friend, so we get her one too. Her rat’s name is Lady.
    Year 12: We decide to adopt from a foreign country, and become acquainted with a young boy from Brazil. We soon bring him home to be a part of our family. His name is Nicolau Atilio.
    Year 13: We are pregnant again, and welcome a baby girl! We name her Leah Hermia.
    Year 14: Though we were finally finished adding to our family, we unexpectedly become pregnant again, and welcome another baby girl. Her name is Tarya Lillith.
    Year 15: After years of waiting for magic to occur, we finally realize that our son Devlin is a Squib. Devlin is very upset that he won’t join his twin brother and other siblings at Hogwarts, but we assure him that we don’t love him any less, and promise to make his years at home with us very special.
    Year 16: At 15 years old, our eldest daughter Ayla has been named a prefect for her house at Hogwarts! We are extremely proud.
    Year 17: Our daughter Eloise gets asked to the Yule Ball by a handsome young man, and he soon becomes her boyfriend. Though she is only 15, we are supportive, but very careful to keep an eye on our girl!
    Year 18: Phoenix finally retires from his Quidditch days, and takes up a job at the Ministry.
    Year 19: Once again, we find ourselves unexpectedly pregnant, and another baby girl is born into our family! We name her Kira Ravenna.
    Year 20: Working in the ministry, Phoenix finally meets the famous Harry Potter, and we are all excited to hear about his brush with the Boy Who Lived.
    -------------------

DH: Phoenix Tibor Huxley – 41, Gryffindor
    DW: Cerise Alessia Huxley – 40, Hufflepuff

DD: Ayla Natalya Huxley – 19, Ravenclaw
    DD: Eloise Morgana Huxley – 18, Hufflepuff
    DS: Nicolau Atilio Huxley – 17, Slytherin
    DS: Castor Charleston Huxley – 14, Ravenclaw
    DS: Devlin Dimitri Huxley – 14, Squib
    DS: Lysander Jordan Huxley – 12, Slytherin
    DD: Leah Hermia Huxley – 7, future Gryffindor
    DD: Tarya Lillith Huxley – 6, future Gryffindor
    DD: Kira Ravenna Huxley – 1, future Ravenclaw
    *~~Savanna Marie, Aria Kathleen, Scarlett Ann, Genevieve Leigh, Emery Lucille~~*

*~~Zachary James, Nicholas Robert, Theodore John, Daniel Joshua, Benjamin Oliver~~*