Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Name an Angel

I was thinking Seraphina. It might be a little more formal than you wanted, but it comes with the adorable nickname of Sera.

A seraphim is another word for angels, so it might work.

All good suggestions so far. I was thinking Seraphina was a little too literal at first... but I am loving the nn Sera. I think Luis and Sera sound perfect for each other.

Do you think Seraphina in late 19th century America sounds plausible?

I am reconsidering Anna in light of using Sera. WDYT of Sloane?

I'm not seeing Sloane. I like previous suggestions of Seraphina, Alice, Florence and Imogen.
    Other ideas:
    Eleanor nn Lea, Ellie, Nora
    Beatrice nn Bea
    Lilith nn Lily (little bit of irony there)
    Blanche
    Helene nn Lena
    Annabeth nn Anna, Beth
    Amaryllis nn Mia
    Grace
    Marguerite nn Meg
    Amelia nn May
    Rosalind nn Rose
    Josephine nn Effie, Seph, Phina
    Eve/Eva
    Elisabeth nn Bet, Elis, Lisbeth
    Anais nn Ana
    Amabel nn May

I think Seraphina is the best so far. Actually, it's perfect: the connection with angels in the definition, the cool nickname, it sounds plausible for the time. I think it's perfect!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Thanks everyone!!!!

I chose Seraphina (nn Sera) for my Angel. Sera was just too perfect... I couldn't pass it up.

I chose Alice Thompson for the human she replaces. I love the nod to Alice in Wonderland... which is how she feels when she's having her visions.

So much easier developing characters with names... thanks for all the great inspiration!!!
    Last edited by wintersage; July 16th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.