Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Molly?

Question Molly?

When I was a baby, my mom was in and out of the hospital for some health problems. My aunt took care of me, and always jokingly said she was re-naming me "Molly". Ever since I was told this story, I kind of fell in love with the Name Molly, middle name Patricia, after my aunt wo called me that(who is like a mother to me).

But apparently, Molly is now a name of a drug! And because of this, I can't decide if I give my future child this name any more. Is the meaning behind that name more powerful than the name of a now common drug? Would you do that to a child? I'm by no means pregnant, or planning to have in the next year or two, but It's something I've been thinking about, and wanted your opinions!

What drug? I'm confused. This name is so common and grounded as a name, I'm having a hard time seeing this happening.

The story is obviously meaningful, so what does it matter if it's the name of a drug? I've never heard of it and would never even think of associating such a sweet name with a drug. Also, it's quite classic. If there were a drug called, say, Kate, that wouldn't hurt the name (I don't think) because it's well-used. Molly Patricia would be lovely. It has a fun, Americana feel.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I adore Molly! I also love names that have a sweet story attached to them. I have never heard of a drug named Molly. I don't think people are going to associated Molly with a medicine. It has too much history and longevity.

Molly is such a well-established name that I wouldn't worry about any street drug connotation. (I am probably biased because my bf is Molly...a person named Molly I don't even know which drug this refers to) The name came well before the negative drug culture connotation. If you love it, go with it. Best wishes!