Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Nymphadora?

Agree that it will be associated with a nymphomaniac.....

Quote Originally Posted by noetje View Post
    I like it. It's not a name I would use but if you love it, use it. It's only the middle name and, honestly, how often do people really use a middle name. Besides it's funny to me when people say a name like Nymphadora is too much but a name like Cassiopeia isn't. They are both pretty hefty. Besides where is the fun in using a HP related name when not even a HP fan would make the connection. I'm a HP fan, but names like Wilhelmina, Beatrix, etc. don't remind me of HP. The only other names that do are Hermione, Andromeda, Minerva, and I can't think of any more.
    umm... Ginny (Ginevra), Luna, Helga (Hufflepuff), Rowena (Ravenclaw), Lavender, Cho, Fleur - are all somewhat often mentioned female characters, I could list more

I think any HP fan (but I am a HUGE fan of HP, it was our wedding theme) would know Nymphadora (not saying she should use it), but I guess it depends on how big of a fan you are or where you drawn the line between fan and obsessed.

Basically I think it's a little inaccurate to say that an HP fan would recognize the name. If anything, the OP might get annoyed by people commenting "oh you must be a Harry Potter fan!"
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables