Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I've never heard Lurleen either. I'm not sure what I think....I'm kinda neutral on this one. I much prefer Lorelei to Lurleen. Oona Lorelei is very pretty!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

When you say Lurleen, I imagine a woman in her sixties gossiping with her girlfriends in their Sunday school group. She talks like Paula Deen and likes to wear big straw hats with flowers and bows on them. I can't see it on a child at all.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by tawnysaurus View Post
    I can definitely see the charm of the name Are you a Simpsons fan? Lurleen Lumpkin was a pretty, sweet, country-singing guest character who tried to tempt Homer away from Marge. She was voiced by Beverly D'Angelo, and despite the whole temptress thing, managed to be pretty likable--she even came back in another episode.

Anyway, that's Lurleen to me My feeling about the name is that it would make a charming person seem even more charming, and sounds especially adorable when uttered with a Southern twang, but it might not be so great outside those circumstances. I could see it maybe being cute with a sister Clementine and brother Arlo.
    I'm not a Simpsons fan but I probably did see thy episode at some point in my childhood if its an older one. Maybe that's why it feels so familiar? I agree that it would make a charming person seem even more charming.

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    When you say Lurleen, I imagine a woman in her sixties gossiping with her girlfriends in their Sunday school group. She talks like Paula Deen and likes to wear big straw hats with flowers and bows on them. I can't see it on a child at all.
    Hmmm that's sort of what I love about it. It's very unexpected for this generation. I know that imagery was supposed to be negative, but it's actually jut sold me on the name even more.

Can I be brutally honest? She sounds like a stripper at a low class redneck beer joint.