Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    My husband is Hal and his brother is George. I think they go well together!
    Maple Violet and Penelope Wren

Thanks for all the input Berries! I really appreciate it. Now, let me throw you a curve ball, or two.

About Edward- I don't like nns that don't start with the same initial as the name. So, for example, his monogram would be EHT and he would go by "Ned." That really bothers me. So, if we use Edward, that only leaves Ed and Eddie for options.

Now, onto nns that end in -ie. (Like Frankie, Eddie, and Georgie.) I don't care for them either, especially for a boy. I considered Georgie for our daughter at one point, and I know a baby girl who goes by Frankie, so those are out too.

That leaves the following options: Edward, nn Ed; Francis, nn Frank; George, no nn; Frederick, nn Fred. Any opinions you care to share on these would be greatly appreciated.

About the matchy-matchy issue. Having the first letter be the same doesn't bother me. Now, if they also contained the vowel 'a' or an 'l' too, then I would dislike them, but they don't. So, other than not liking two names that start with same letter, how do you feel about Hugh and Holt with sibling Hal?

Thanks so much!!
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

P.S. @Flashy- Hahahahahah! That made my day. Thanks for sharing.
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

I like George and Hugh best! Hal and George is super cute. And Hal and Hugh sounds very distinguished, if you don't mind the first initial match. It's much less matchy than Holt.

I think it's ok not to have a nickname. You will always have pet names for your children even if they don't have an official nickname. Some names stand alone. I always wish my parents had just named me my nickname instead of a longer name that I don't identify with, so there are perks.

I'm not a big fan of Ed, Fred, and Frank. I think they just sound sort of old and they're so short that they're not that interesting! Hal, Hugh, and George are short names witha lot of character and interest, Hal because of how uncommon it is, Hugh because of the unusual sound and dignified air, and George because of those rich "g" sounds.
    Last edited by sparrowfinch; July 15th, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I love Frederick and Francis!
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013