Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which Set?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sam & Ben (Samuel Emmert & Benjamin Christopher)

3 5.08%
  • Leo & Ari (Leo Emmert & Ari Christopher)

24 40.68%
  • Leo & Felix (Leo Emmert & Felix Christopher)

15 25.42%
  • Sam & Leo (Samuel Christopher & Leo Emmert)

17 28.81%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Leo & Ari

Leo & Ari

I am pregnant with twins and not so patiently waiting for another 2 weeks to find out the sexes of the babies. If they are both boys, I really like Leo & Ari, they both mean "Lion", and I like that they are both simple 3 letter names. However, my DH feels that Ari won't work for us because we aren't Jewish and it's a Hebrew name, but I mean, people use many Hebrew names when they aren't Jewish, right? Does Ari strike you as overly religious? These are the current possibilities for twin boys:

Sam & Ben (Samuel Emmert & Benjamin Christopher)
    Leo & Ari (Leo Emmert & Ari Christopher)
    Leo & Felix (Leo Emmert & Felix Christopher)
    Sam & Leo (Samuel Christopher & Leo Emmert)

Emmert is my MIL's maiden name and will definitely be the middle name of a boy, even if there is just one. Christopher is my dad's name and will be the middle name for boy #2 if we have one. Our last name starts with R and is two syllables.

Sam & Leo are my favorite combo.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

1 Leo and Felix - two of my favourite boys names. Both are full of vitality!
    2 Leo and Ari - an unexpected pairing that works.
    3 Sam and Leo - I like the fact that they're both three letters each.
    4 Sam and Ben - these are fine names and are "natural" brothers but they're a bit too predictable.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I like Sam & Leo best, but I would switch the middle names: Samuel Emmert & Leo Christopher.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

Leo and Ari are great. The shared meaning is an added bonus. I don't think you need to be Jewish to use the name Ari, that's just silly. Joshua and Elizabeth are both Hebrew names, and I'd guess 90% of people with those names in the U.S. are not Jewish. I don't care for Felix, and Sam and Ben, while both good names, are a little on the boring side. Leo and Ari sound fresh though, especially together.