View Poll Results: Which first name is the most unique/memorable, classy, elegant and feels timeless?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sylvie True (would go by both)

25 26.88%
  • Cosette

29 31.18%
  • Sylvie Gold (would go by both)

4 4.30%
  • Winslet

18 19.35%
  • Coralina

17 18.28%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 weeks to go...HELP!

We just cannot decide. We had our first daughter’s name months in advance. Now, we have 2 weeks left and are so stuck.
    First Daughter’s First Name (yes, she goes by both names) is Ellary Day.

We want our second daughter’s name to be memorable, unique/rare/distinct, classy, elegant, a timeless feel to it (but not boring) and somewhat feminine (doesn’t have to be super girly but clearly a girl name over a boy name).

Here is our final list for first names:
    1. Cosette
    2. Sylvie True (would go by both names)
    3. Sylvie Gold (would go by both names)
    4. Winslet
    5. Coralina

THANK YOU for your thoughts, comments, votes, suggestions!

My favourite is definitely Cosette, it's a great name and goes well with your first daughter.
    • Esther Aveline Willow ~ Rosalie Aislinn Pearl ~ Clara Hermione Mae ~ Polly Matilda Iris ~ Elowen Saskia Eve •

• Oliver Jack Marcel ~ Henry Asher David ~ Theodore Jack August ~ Arthur Gideon Maxwell ~ Felix Charlie Rowan •

Sosie - bookworm and name nerd :-)

I almost voted for Sylvie True, but I'm afraid it will sound too much like "she'll be true" so that has put me off. Sylvie Gold isn't appealing to me, I'm afraid - it resembles "silver gold" and that's worse. I like the idea of the double-barreled Sylvie name, although on the negative side it would follow the exact pattern of the older sister, and if you ever had more children, might you feel obligated to keep up the set?

I like Winslet but I don't think it qualifies as "timeless." I voted for Coralina. It's unusual, feminine, distinct, and has the playful (but classy) kind of "feel" that Ellary Day has.

Sorry, I still don't think Cosette is classy.
    Mama to Caspian, Zephan, Eve, Peregrine & Dulcinea

I'd say Winslet fits best with your daughter's name. It has he feminine connection but doesn't sound very girly, just like Ellary. It definitely is unique and timeless but has the same modern feel as Ellary.
    Polly

trying out:
    Penelope Ada Leonor

looking for second middles:
    Rose Wilhelmina / Penelope Ada / Flora Charlotte

already loving:
    Elliott Victor Frederick / Ophelia Rosalind Clara / Hugo Kasimir Edmund
    Oscar Theo Augustin / Arthur Caspian Henry

I haven't voted but looking at your criteria I wanted to say that to me, Winslet is not clearly a girl name - partly it feels masculine to me because I know it's a surname, and partly I think because it's close enough to Winston.