Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it usable?

Is it usable?

I stumbled Across Avis today while looking to add to my list of names ending in "s" an "ce"

I am starting to love it but is Avis usable? I see it as a less common, spunkier version of Ava and a less cutsy version of Alice...
    But all my friend can see is the car rental company.... WDYT?

Also, I saw on a site that is is unisex? Do you see it more for a boy or girl?
    Last edited by stellarbelle; April 8th, 2016 at 10:08 PM.

Avis was my mother's name, so it's a sentimental favorite for me. I think it's a lovely, underused, classic name. So many names are commercialized now that I don't know if it's that big a deal. Other than my mother it makes me think of Julia Child's long-time friend, Avis DeSoto, and these are both excellent associations for me.

Quote Originally Posted by davisellu View Post
    Avis was my mother's name, so it's a sentimental favorite for me. I think it's a lovely, underused, classic name. So many names are commercialized now that I don't know if it's that big a deal. Other than my mother it makes me think of Julia Child's long-time friend, Avis DeSoto, and these are both excellent associations for me.
    Thanks! I think its classic!

When I hear it I think of two things... The car company because my aunt worked there for several years and my best friends mom who was named Avis. I personally think it is usable
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites May 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Clara, Juniper, Jane, Amelia, Arabella, Imogen, Beatrice, Charlotte
    the rest of the girls

William, Morgan, Jasper, Gilbert, Sebastian, Henry, Arthur, Horatio, Aloysius, Edgar
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Imogen Viola,/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

Definitely usable!
    TTC
    Girls' names:
    Beatriz | Blythe | Elowen | Emeraude | Esperanza | Ferelith | Galilea | Raphaëlle | Winifred
    and of course *the secret name*

Girls' middles: Jane | Maude | Quinn

Boys' names:
    Arno |Atticus | August | Emilian | Ernest | Henty | Leopold | Quincy |Thaddeus | Theodore | Tiago |Valentine