Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lila?

Lila?

Hi i love the name Lila but live in australia where every name has a nickname and am worried about the nickname Lie and the fact that it has Lie in it. What do you all think?

Re: Lila?

My nephew's daughter is named Dahlila (strange spelling I know) and they call her Lila. If you love the name Lila, Delilah or or something similar would be a good choice to get the nickname of Lila. And I wouldn't worry about Li or Lie as a nickname; I don't think anyone would have a negative association with it and it still sounds cute!

I live in California and know about 15 Lila's pronounced LYla and none have the nickname LIE. My daughter is Lila pronounced leela and she has no nickname.

I think that Lila is beautiful, but I think the Lie nickname (which I've never heard) would bother me, too. She could always go without the nickname, though! I grew up with a Lila who has gone by her full name her entire life. (I love the Delilah idea, too.)

Good luck! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tiasmama
    Hi i love the name Lila but live in australia where every name has a nickname and am worried about the nickname Lie and the fact that it has Lie in it. What do you all think?
    I have not heard of any nns for Lila but if I were to imagine some I'd think of Lia, Lily, or Lil.
    Adela, Beatrice, Berthe, Beryl, Calliope, Celeste, Cleo, Evangeline, Grete, Guinevere, Isadora, Ivanna, Leonie, Lilac, Lisette, Lucienne, Maelle, Marilla, Marisol, Mathilde, Maude, Melina, Ottoline, Paulina, Pascale, Rosalind, Sibyl, Tatiana, Xanthe, Yulia, Zara, Zinnia.
    Alasdair, Alcott, Anders, Augustine, Barnaby, Benoit, Desmond, Eliot, Evander, Felix, Gilbert, Graham, Hugo, Jonah, Julian, Kyrill, Leif, Lev, Malcolm, Maxfield, Morgan, Montgomery, Orion, Orlando, Pascal, Rhys, Roman