Names Searched Right Now:

Any other Adeline's nicknamed Della out there?

Our daughter Adeline gets affectionately called "Della" & I was just wondering if anyone else on Nameberry does this, too?

Most people love it, but I've had some strange looks from a few people when I told them this was her nickname, rather than the more common "Addie."

Della came about for us because her great grandmother (who has a very thick Maltese accent) would pronounce her name as "Della-line". We found this to be adorable & so the NN Della was born.

I also noticed Blake Lively's character in The Age of Adaline was called Della.

Are there any other Della's out there???

The only Adelines I know are Addie/Addy. I just wanted to chime in that I love Adeline, nn Della and the reasoning behind it is really sweet.
    Rosa EndellionMaeva LilyOlympia VioletFlora ThisbeAlma Lilac
    Emilia HeroPearl AthenaEva RosalieAdela XantheMaria Elspeth

Mathis JoelUrbanAmiasFlorian Asa
    Merritt JacobJasperAtlasJairus

vote on my namelist

Quote Originally Posted by otri View Post
    The only Adelines I know are Addie/Addy. I just wanted to chime in that I love Adeline, nn Della and the reasoning behind it is really sweet.
    Thank you We love the sentiment behind Della too. Plus, it makes our two children's nicknames not so matchy-matchy. Our son's name is Theodore and he gets called Teddy. Della and Teddy sounds less fluffy to me than Addie and Teddy