Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    For me, I think it comes from having the most unique name in my immediate family, and really liking it. My siblings all have classic-but-uninspired, biblical names, while mine is Welsh, a bit quirky, and highly unusual in all the places I've lived.

Also, when we were little, my sister named every single one of her stuffed animals Rainbow Katie. I remember feeling so much haughty disdain for her uninspired choices even then! Meanwhile, my best friend and I wrote elaborate stories with dozens of characters just so we could use more names. I remember going through atlases and subway maps and picking out my favorite place names, too.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I first fell in love with names as a young teenager naming characters in stories I would write. However, I quickly began to think about what I would name my future children. The rest is history. I have lists that I have had for years now.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States

I was 10 or 11, and my older sister was dating. She told me that when they were older, they were going to get married. They would have one child, and name him Zonker, after the Doonesbury character. I wandered around the bookstore wondering how I could find a reasonable name for their future child, and found a baby name book. I was hooked.

BTW, when she got married, she had three kids, and all have normal names (Robert, Brian, Alexander).

My two girls are Jessica and Jemima. Jemima's name was a bit of a surprise to the family, but not to my friends.

Susan

I first became a name nerd when I was 7 years old. I used to make "yearbooks" by clipping people out of ads in the newspaper and gluing them into a big book of blank paper. I would spend hours doing that, and at the end I probably had about 400 kids in one of my yearbooks. I just remember it was so fun to make up names and give people names. I think that's how it started!
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Well, I became a name nerd when I was about, 8. I have always loved names and I always wondered what Name She should of had or I should of had. I became a name nerd also because I hated not having a unique name. My name is Rebecca. At school I have always been Rebecca A or Rebecca 2 or 3. Since then I have been staying up on the internet looking for some new names that I love. I am proud of my name nerd inside of me because when I have a baby, I would know Exactly what the name should be. I love dreaming about new Names and I mean, I'm not even in a relationship. I don't think I will ever change my name though. My Parents must of liked it so when i name my kid he won't change it. I don't want to be a bad example.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Rebecca Teenage Single Name Nerd Dreamer.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Girls: Alice, Clara, Bellamy, Juliet, Nova, Noya, Sienna, Sierra and Many many more.[/FONT]
    Boys: Shiloh(and NO i didn't get that off Brad Pitt's daughter) James, Emmett, Ash, Angelo, Kai.