Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    I think I've always been a name nerd. By the time I was 7, I was renaming my dolls so often, my mother bought me my first baby name book just so I'd have a larger pool of names to work with. It was one of those little "pocket" books sold by the register in the grocery store. I still have it, all held together with tape and marked with crayon.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Quote Originally Posted by larkspur View Post
    Sometimes I think I was just born with it. I got a doll when I was three and named her Gilly Renee. All of my dolls had first and middle names. I remember sitting in the third grade and making lists of my favorite names. A few years ago I stumbled upon an old list at my Grandmother's house and it made me laugh. I too would search the cabbage patch kid aisle and read the names. I still remember a special My Little Pony that I could order and name myself. I named her Niagra (after the waterfalls) and thought i was in heaven. At the age of eight my mom bought me my first copy of Beyond Jennifer and Jason (way before Madison and Montana) and I would read it every night! My mom is a name nerd too and we both see names in colors, so...yeah I think I was born with it! Sometimes it still blows me away that I have actually NAMED my children.lol
    Seeing names in colors? That's synesthesia. I have the type chromesthesia- though I didn't realize it was unusual until about several months ago. I see flashes of color with music and words- though I've learned to block most of it out for mundane, every day words. It's not a disease or anything, but it's a genetic phenomena.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I feel like I've always loved names more than the average person. When I was really little I remember naming my dolls, and making little "sibsets". And in elementary school I had already had a favorites list. I also use to make my friends tell me what names they like (still do sometimes :P) When I got older, I started looking up names online, and finding different names! And now, I guess you could say I'm pretty obsessed. I was so glad to find nameberry! I thought I was the only one with a name obsession
    Sarah Beth <3

Current favorites:

Violet Christine • Aurora Scarlett • Eden •

Micah James • Cash Henry •