Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Fascinating stories everyone! When I was third grade I went to a book sale with my mom and bought a baby name book. I would use it to name my Barbies and characters in the stories I would write. I still have the book and it is so funny to look through at the names I highlighted or my own concoctions written in the margins. Some are very chic and wearable others not so much!!

I love all these stories! My fascination with names began when I was in middle school. There wasn't one specific thing that started it, but I remember reading Edith Hamilton's Mythology in my English class and loving all the names of the gods, nymphs, etc. I also remember around that time a lot of celebrities were naming their children "crazy" names, and I loved how unique they were (my favorite was Pilot Inspektor). I started to spend time going through baby names online, and I made a lot of baby name lists during my classes in middle school!

Character naming when I was 13. Then I got addicted. My friends think I'm a total weirdo, but that's okay, because they're right. At least my kids will have cooler names than theirs.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

My mother sells books, and one day when I was nine years old I found Bruce Lansky's "Baby names around the world". I read that thing from cover to cover over and over and over again. Heck, I'm still reading it (even if the binding is broken).
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully

Sometimes I think I was just born with it. I got a doll when I was three and named her Gilly Renee. All of my dolls had first and middle names. I remember sitting in the third grade and making lists of my favorite names. A few years ago I stumbled upon an old list at my Grandmother's house and it made me laugh. I too would search the cabbage patch kid aisle and read the names. I still remember a special My Little Pony that I could order and name myself. I named her Niagra (after the waterfalls) and thought i was in heaven. At the age of eight my mom bought me my first copy of Beyond Jennifer and Jason (way before Madison and Montana) and I would read it every night! My mom is a name nerd too and we both see names in colors, so...yeah I think I was born with it! Sometimes it still blows me away that I have actually NAMED my children.lol