Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Fascinating stories everyone! When I was third grade I went to a book sale with my mom and bought a baby name book. I would use it to name my Barbies and characters in the stories I would write. I still have the book and it is so funny to look through at the names I highlighted or my own concoctions written in the margins. Some are very chic and wearable others not so much!!

Character naming when I was 13. Then I got addicted. My friends think I'm a total weirdo, but that's okay, because they're right. At least my kids will have cooler names than theirs.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

My mother sells books, and one day when I was nine years old I found Bruce Lansky's "Baby names around the world". I read that thing from cover to cover over and over and over again. Heck, I'm still reading it (even if the binding is broken).
    Cricket Casimir Remy Wolfgang Otto Nightingale Fox Peregrine

Sylvie Dandelion Liesl Buttercup Phoebe Sunshine Rosemary Newt

Blanchefleur Innogen Maguelonne Edelweiss Dart Leodegraunce Cosmos

Sometimes I think I was just born with it. I got a doll when I was three and named her Gilly Renee. All of my dolls had first and middle names. I remember sitting in the third grade and making lists of my favorite names. A few years ago I stumbled upon an old list at my Grandmother's house and it made me laugh. I too would search the cabbage patch kid aisle and read the names. I still remember a special My Little Pony that I could order and name myself. I named her Niagra (after the waterfalls) and thought i was in heaven. At the age of eight my mom bought me my first copy of Beyond Jennifer and Jason (way before Madison and Montana) and I would read it every night! My mom is a name nerd too and we both see names in colors, so...yeah I think I was born with it! Sometimes it still blows me away that I have actually NAMED my children.lol

I think I've always been a name nerd. By the time I was 7, I was renaming my dolls so often, my mother bought me my first baby name book just so I'd have a larger pool of names to work with. It was one of those little "pocket" books sold by the register in the grocery store. I still have it, all held together with tape and marked with crayon.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent, Clark, Euan, Thaddeus, Eli or Elias, Wesley, Peter, Nathaniel
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra, Saige, Catherine, Yvette, Viviana, Romilly, Martha, Gillian, Grace