Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    My love of names came from writing, you have to name your characters right? So I started researching names, usually by meaning, now I just go by whether or not the name fits the character's personality. Sometimes when I'm at a road block, I go back to meaning, or maybe particular sound.

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed since I don't have a major list of names, nor do I know the meanings of every single name, but I definitely know of a lot more names than "normal" people might not have heard.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

For me, it started around sixth grade, when I was interested in the meanings of names of friends and people I knew. I kept a list, writing their names backwards, their firsts, their middles.
    In 7th grade, I really became a namenerd, Nameberry addicted!
    ~Mehri

Wow! I love reading all the different stories of how you began to like names! Thanks for sharing everybody!
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah

I found one of mums baby name books and loved it. It only had one page of boys names and girls names my name wasn't in it and it said adele meant shining bright. But I have made lists since I was seven.

Everyone I've told has found it strange.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

I have been nuts about stories since as long as I can remember. When I was younger, my friends and I played imaginary games - you know the kind. We'd make up a story and act it out. And of course I was going after names to use. I remember how one of my earliest name crushes was 'Marian' after I saw on a board outside my older brother's school - Marian Peterson Middle School. Other crushes, mostly which I heard in books or on TV shows were Vanessa, Veronica, and Periwinkle (no, I am not kidding). Then I started writing my stories, and looking for more names. And somehow I stumbled on to nameberry.

My mother does not approve.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam