Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosamond?

Rosamond?

So lately I have been liking the name rosamond, and I have read that the proper pronuciation is raz-a-mund. However, I naturally say rosa-mund, is that fine? Any combo sugesstions?

Thanks!
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

This name has been growing on me, but only to the point where I think it's cute. I prefer the spelling Rosamund, since (from what I've researched) it's the original spelling and is also the phonetic spelling (of the pronunciation you want). I think Rosa-mund is fine as a pronunciation since people here say Rosa as rose-ah, and seeing Rosamund, they see Rosa with mund at the end. Also, when I looked it up on Forvo, the results came up as "Fair Rosamund" and the American speaker said it as Rosa-mund, while the British speaker said it a little more like Raz-a-mund, but I think it's due to his accent.

http://www.forvo.com/word/fair_rosamund/#en

Wow, it's tough to think of middle names! I think it's easier to think of first names to go with Rosamond, lol.

Rosamond Elise
    Rosamond Mary
    Rosamond Alice
    Rosamond Jane
    Rosamond Charlotte
    Rosamond Eve
    Rosamond Faye
    Rosamond Jean
    Rosamund Ivy
    Rosamund Allaire
    Rosamund Chloe
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Thank you. I go back and forth between Rosamond and Rosamund, I like both. Thank for the sugesstions , I like Rosamond Elise, Rosamond Mary, Rosamond Charlotte.
    Any other comments?
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

I love almost all 'Rose' names, but just cannot get over the 'mound' part of Rosamond/Rosamund. I think Elise is pretty as a middle name.
    ttc#1 | our angel ruadhrí 02.14.14
    mama to our pit bulls z&m
    fiona | sinead | líadan | brigid |
    finnegan | sullivan | jameson | cormac |

Rosamund (pronounced the way you mentioned, rosa-mund) is my first name, though I usually go by Rose or Rosie. My middle name is Catherine.

More classic choices:
    Rosamund Isabelle
    Rosamund Pearl
    Rosamund Maeve
    Rosamund Victoria
    Rosamund Josephine

Bolder choices:
    Rosamund Wilhelmina
    Rosamund Delphine
    Rosamund Sylvie
    Rosamund Juniper
    Rosamund Acacia