Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

As you can tell from my signature, Vanessa is on my list. I don't think that the name Vanessa is dated, and I really don't care if other people think it is. Honestly, I don't like most people's taste in names these days. Look at all the horribly trendy names that are going to be outdated quicker than the kids they're bestowed upon learn how to spell them. Or what about the harsh sounding vintage revivals? They make me think of walkers, dentures and depends diapers. Or what about the boring classics? They've been used so much, I drift off to sleep just thinking about them. Vanessa manages to avoid all of those stereotypes because it is gorgeous and transcends categorization. For me, Vanessa evokes an image of youth, beauty, elegance, sophistication with just the right amount of spunk. Not many names check all of those boxes. You picked a gorgeous, modern classic for your child. I have to tell you, the people so are responding negatively are probably offended at Vanessa's beauty. They probably named their kids androgynous, clunky or boring names because they're afraid to use beautiful feminine names for their girls. Be proud of your choice OP! Your baby girl will thank you later!
    Cecilia ♥ Vanessa ♥ Adriana ♥ Charlotte ♥ Viviana ♥ Tessa
    Adrian ♥ George ♥ Mark ♥ Leo ♥ Benjamin ♥ Julian