Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Should we change our baby's name?

We had a baby and named her Vanessa Claire in March. Both of us loved the name Vanessa for so many different reasons. We have a son named Vincent and love the two names together. We did our research and were aware that some people see the name Vanessa as dated, outdated, etc. That didn't bother us. Now I'm starting to think that I made a big mistake because the name seems to be triggering a negative response when we introduce our baby. Why do you think that is? Is it just the "dated" factor or is there some other underlying issue?

I consider myself somewhat bohemian and normally have little care about what most people think of me. I grew up as a Rosie in a sea full of Jennifers and Jessicas, and it really didn't bother me one bit. I love being different. But what if my child turns out to be more of a conformist and becomes ashamed of her name being different than her peers? Moreover, is the name Vanessa really that different? It's ranked at #122 and there were approximately 2,500 girls born with that name last year. That's not obscurity, yet I'm getting strange responses. Please be brutally honest. I can handle it. Should I change my baby's name?

Don't change her name. It's beautiful and if she ends up wanting to change it, when she's older she can.
    Dreaming of the day when I have three kids; Sebastian, Matisse, and Natalie

I was kind of expecting something terrible before opening up this thread, but I think Vanessa Claire is a gorgeous name!
    ☮&❤,
    Momma of Fiona Ryann & Michael Quentin & #3 due April 2014

~*Sylvie, Viveca, Gloria, Rosalie, Eulalie, Aimee, Irie, Daisy, Xaviera, Celia*~
    ~*Silas, Finnegan, Desmond, Ezra, Cedric, Felix, Lionel, Lazarus, Kai, Xavier*~

Please don't change it because of some bad reactions. They can't see how lovely the name Vanessa is, which is entirely their problem. As long as you and your husband love it and you feel that it suits her, there's no reason to change it.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Killian Bram . Angus Rex . Dexter Linus . Remy Wolfram . Rex Oliver . Wren Winter . Augusta Fox . Winnie Pomeline . Starling Delilah . Zinnia Axelle . Thora Violet

Vanessa Claire is a lovely name! Don't change it! It sounds like you and your spouse still love the name, so why change it?
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!