Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I have a little red headed cousin named Asha. I don't think it's too ethnic at all. It works on anyone really. In regards to Larkub101 -- my cousin says it Ash-uh.

I think it's very striking and Asha Genevieve is a gorgeous combo!
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Asha is very pretty and I don't think you should be concerned about it sounding too ethnic. I think it's great when people celebrate their heritage! Asha Genevieve is a lovely combo.

Just FYI, ASHA is the acronym used for the national organization that certifies my profession (American Speech-Language Hearing Association.) So for most speech pathologists and audiologists, the name Asha immediately brings to mind ASHA. I'm sure that probably doesn't bother you, but I thought I'd let you know that association is there, (not that it's a bad one!)
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Beautiful!!!

I think Asha Genevieve is absolutely beautiful! And I think the fact that it happens to sound 'ethnic' is a non-issue! It's probably one of my favorite combos as of late! I would say use it, definitely.
    Last edited by valentine; July 13th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Sylvie | Ronan | Genevieve | August
    [formerly nj003]

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!! I absolutely adore Asha Genevieve (I like the ah-shuh pronunciation) and I'm going to keep fighting for it, especially since DH hasn't actually offered any alternative suggestions. I suspect/hope he's mostly nervous about the finality of making a decision