Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's List!

Let's List!

From Abigail Adams to January Jones, history - and reality - has provided us with some marvelous monikers. Alliteration provides names with a sense of whimsy and melody that is hard to pass up, so I ask you, my fellow Berries, what are your favorite alliterative first-and-last-name combinations from history, celebrity, or reality (that's right, Mary Mahoney, this one's for you!)?

Lemon :-)

LEMON: Cecily Cardew [Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest]
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

Re: Let's List!

I'm going to go with Peter Pevensie from C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia.

P.S. I'm sorry to bring this up but Cecily Cardew doesn't really count as alliteration since the sounds don't match. Cecily has an "s" sound at the beginning, not a hard "c" like Cardew. Sorry.

Mister Magoo

Quote Originally Posted by jennie
    I'm going to go with Peter Pevensie from C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia.

P.S. I'm sorry to bring this up but Cecily Cardew doesn't really count as alliteration since the sounds don't match. Cecily has an "s" sound at the beginning, not a hard "c" like Cardew. Sorry.
    I suppose you are technically right, Jennie, so I have decided on two others:

Charisma Carpenter, actress
    Penny Pingleton, Hairspray

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude