Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by labelo View Post
    I agree that unusual girls' names are generally better received than unusual boys' names. Perhaps it's because there is a wider variety of popular girls' names and the trends change more often, or perhaps because we're afraid boys are going to get beaten up or made fun of for their names.
    That sounds like a good theory to me, although I do think it's a little sad that we have to somewhat base our name choices on whether or not other people will make rude/mean remarks about it.

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

There are certain names on Nameberry that are considered "good" and, if you don't like them, there's something a bit wrong with you. I'm thinking...Beatrice, Cecilia, Josephine, etc. When I mention one of these names to an outsider and they don't like it, I can't help but think they're a bit of a philistine. My husband's cousin recently named her daughter Paloma. Everyone screwed up their faces, but I rejoiced! Honestly, Berries have x1000 better taste than most non-Berries! It's just true and we all known it

@celianne - You described me to a tee
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by celianne View Post
    We're a bunch of old-fashioned, over-literary, lightly obsessed name pricks.

Probably something like that? I mean most people would categorize names alphabetically, or by origins--not flow, style, sound, meaning, connotation, history...
    Hahaha Yes, we kind of are.

Non-berries just don't know a good name when they see one... :P

Quote Originally Posted by celianne View Post
    I'm a sarcastic sort of person
    And that's exactly why I love reading your posts!
    Forty-something mom to three teenage girls and an eleven-year-old boy
    Foster mom to two sweet sisters born Aug 2011 and Sept 2012 and another wee girl born Aug 2013

I like very different names to most people on here I would name my daughter Jaidyn before Agatha.

My mum finds Alice and Harriet old ladies name despite her being 40 and having a friend named Alice. My sister wants to name her daughter Lauren keep in mind shes 12 and by then it would be a 'mum' name.

I find some of the names on nameberry very unusual Thisbe? Wren? Arthur? Lark?
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com