Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smismar View Post
    I think people that aren't interested in names think we're a little crazy. Some probably think that naming our son Linus is akin to naming him Ja'Mykell or something like that.
    Ja'Mykell made me laugh. I do think that other people think we're a little crazy, but I'm okay with it.

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

We're a bunch of old-fashioned, over-literary, lightly obsessed name pricks.

Probably something like that? I mean most people would categorize names alphabetically, or by origins--not flow, style, sound, meaning, connotation, history...
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

@celianne: I wouldn't call myself any of those things, with the exception of lightly obsessed.

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by leahmarie512 View Post
    @celianne: I wouldn't call myself any of those things, with the exception of lightly obsessed.
    Fair enough. That's what I call myself, though. I don't mean it offensively at all, more ironically and exaggerated. I'm a sarcastic sort of person, and I occasionally let that get the best of me.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I mentioned to some friends that I found the name Astoria, nn Story, pretty and cute, and they found it ugly. lol good thing I didn't mention some of my favorites, Adelheid and Hildemara. They put Astoria is the same category as Nevaeh, only crazy people would name their kid that. I think most non name nerds are that way, anything different is crazy, and you'd hafta be crazy to name your kid that!
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore _______ "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus __________ "Zeke" ~